Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable from providing email in address tab --> Tx->SU01

former_member223578
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where in Tx--> SU01 in Address Tab we have to Disable Email from providing as it is showing Mandatory to provide Email address.

Any suggestions on how to restirct email in Address tab will be much helpful...

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,

Krishna.M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I dont think Email field is mandatory in SU01 transaction as default.

But using screen variant , this can be made either optional / mandatory. ABAP can help on this.

Thanks,Krishna

8 REPLIES 8

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I dont think Email field is mandatory in SU01 transaction as default.

But using screen variant , this can be made either optional / mandatory. ABAP can help on this.

Thanks,Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi Krishnakumar,

Thanks for your quick response.. We have contacted the Abaper as they said that we have to disable the check mark in Tx-->shd0 for Email, but already in our client system it is in disable mode.

Can you help me how to move forward..

Regards,

Krishna.M

0 Kudos

If no screeen/transaction variants involved , I don't have any clue why email field is mandatory in SU01.

Thanks,Krishna

0 Kudos

Your ABAPer should be able to debug the transaction start and trace down to the conditions that turn it manditory and the code bit that it is set to manditory in.  Then you should have a very good idea of what needs to be changed...

Neal

0 Kudos

Agree with Neal .

Debug is the immediate next step if you sure there is no screen/transaction varaint involved.

Thanks,Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

you can do it through SHD0 screen variant you can disable that field only through SHD0 your basis guy can do it if not possible the ABAPer should do it for you

this is an strange requirement

Regards

former_member223578
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your response.. Now our Abapers are looking into that issue.

So i am closing this discussion.

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions..

Regards,

Krishna.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the project requirement, create custom TCode and remove SMTP_ADDR, SMTP_SRCH fields from standard ABAP program.