Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the channel active or inactive?

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

the channel has the following status in the advanced tab.

but in the top right corner there is this status.

is the channel active or not?

but the channel has logs in the channel monitoring page.

what does this mean? can the channel be working even after it is set to inactive? .

Thanks,

Nirmal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

As Hareesh and Nabendu mentioned, the channel is inactive. To activate your channel, change the adapter status to active and restart it in communication channel monitoring.

Regards,
Deepak Ravi

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

i want to stop that channel... its one useless channel always showing error while doing monitoring.  its inactive in ID... each time i check one of my decentrals this only channel is always in error and i have to got inside communication channe monitoring to see that its the same channel again and again.

i want to know why this channel is throwing error even if its in inactive status... its a sender soap channel.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

"its one useless channel always showing error while doing monitoring."

If its not required, you can delete / rename it / assign some dummy Interface to it...

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

I just created a sender soap channel and set it's status to inactive. When I tried to send a request through SOAP UI, the same exception came in the channel's error log. I tried it by stopping the channel, even then the exception is coming.

If you don't want this to happen, you should delete the sender agreement, where the channel is configured.

Regards,

Deepak Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

As it is sender SOAP channel and you are trying to send data from SOAP UI, it should give error.

The address you have given in ur SOAP UI is pointing to this channel. As the channel is inactive,it is receiving the request from SOAP UI,but can't process. So its in error status. Hope if you are not accessing the URL,it will not give any error. Still its better to delete the channel and make sure to activate the change-list.

Suman

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

As SOAP sender channel doesn't pull data,rather data is being pushed from external web services, ideally it should not throw any error unless you push data.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

A few cents. According to log with that generic error is difficult to know the real channel status. You have the follow options in a generic situation:

1. It is a receiver channel (NOT your case). It can be called in its scenario then you can not know only with that log if it is active or inactive. You need to check the status in the Integration directory.

2. It is a sender channel. Depends of the adapter. If the adapter do a poll like File or JDBC definetly the channel is active because if it was active the channel had not been executed. If the channel is SOAP or HTTP, this is your case, could be called externally but with that error you can not know exactly because is the problem. Therefore, you need to check the status in the Integration directory.

Regards.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Your Channel is inactive. You are seeing the RED sign at Communication Channel Monitoring because messages are failing at Call Adapter (IE -> AE) step.

If you want more details:

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your channel is inactive.

The one on the top right corner is the status of the object but not the channel status

btw what is the adapter type?

nirmalkumar_v
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

its SOAP sender channel.. and i would like to know why its throwing error even though its in inactive status.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be that there is some service trying to send a message to this soap channel.

Go to NWA logs and search for this channel and see if you can find some details there..

if not enable xpi inspector which should give you more details on who is invoking this channel etc.