cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character reference "" is an invalid XML character While configuring JCO action block in MII14.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Need a help in resolving below error

"Character reference "&#26" is an invalid XML character"

While configuring JCO action block in MII14.0. I can confirm you that MM to ECC connection was successful

Regards,

Vijaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Is your trying to upload any XML file to Jco action block from Local or transaction properties. If so,

&#26 is a control character. Control characters are not legal xml, and confluence's parser is not going to be able to handle it.

So try to correct your XML file and retry it.

Hope it solve your error

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response

I am just calling standard BAPI from ECC, not uploading any XML file

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is error your facing after execution or while assigning BAPI to Jco action block.

If it after execution, then there is the issue in SAP data which your getting from ECC system.

And crosscheck any other actions or local & global properties which XML holding Control characters

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

After entering the BAPI name, When i click GET LIST button, instead loading content of BAPI, getting JCOProxy Error: with the above mentioned error

I have even set the transaction attribute LegacyProcessingMode = True

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost the problem symptoms seems like below thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is its customized BAPI or standard BAPI.

I think there is no problem from SAP MII end.

Try to cross check with ECC credentials, BAPI name . And ask SAP technical team (i.e. Abaper) weather its Unicode check button has been checked in BAPI or not, if its custom BAPI.

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a standard BAPI .. BAPI_PRODORD_GET_LIST

I have checked myself logging to SAP ECC system, Unicode is checked for the standard BAPI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it for single BAPI you are facing issue or for all of them.

which ver. is of SAP MII and check logs is there anything

Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Please try adding the following JVM parameter through configtool and restart the server.

-Didoc.xml.render.default_xml_version=1.0

Regards,

Anushree

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Guys for helping me out resolving issue. I have tried all the ways mentioned by Anushree, Michel and Praveen.

I have resolved the issue by crosschecking actions, local & global properties which XML holding Control characters. Deleted all global parameters and defined newly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you are calling a standard bapi, first of all you have to debug it and clear the text fields before its execution finishes, so MII will not receive the invalid character and it will work.

After that, you will have to debug a lot of times until find exactly the field that have the invalid character.

So, you will have the create a new RFC function that will call the standard function and remove the invalid characters that the standard function will return.

And finally, you have to call your new RFC function in your MII transaction, instead of call the standard bapi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya, I had a similar issue.

In my case one field of the one table of the RFC Function returned text values that contains invalid XML characters. This issue just happens when the RFC function returns invalid XML characters, like a text that the user have imported from another program (microsoft excel) to the SAP tables.

A test that you can do to be sure that we are talking about the same issue is that you can debug your RFC and clear the texts field values, the MII execution should work.

So, considering that your invalid character is still there, the RFC execution were made successfully in the ABAP side, but when the RFC execution finishes, on the MII side an exception is throwed.

I think that it happens because the java parser try to convert the RFC returned content to a XML content, and that character can not handled as an XML content.

So, the solution that we found was in the ABAP side remove any invalid XML characters before leave the RFC to return that content to MII side. We considered as an invalid character anything that was not "a,b,c...z" "1,2,3...0" ",.-" (your ABAP consultant will know how to do it).