cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Inventory Manager 4.0 - not downloading Material UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're having an issue when doing initial sync of Material data for the Inventory Manager 4.0 application. We have nearly 20,000 on our QA server and we're getting a dump when the application tries to fetch the material UOM.

For this reason, we're unable to post a Bin to Bin transfer since the UOM is required to post the transfer.

Additionally, we cannot reduce the number of materials that are downloaded to the device, given that this will limit our ability to perform a GR w/o PO (501) or even to perform a GR, since we will be unable to select the Storage Location for the materials that are not downloaded.

Anyone has faced this issue before and has found a solution?

Thanks!

-Omar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Omar,

Only easy option I can think of is.. a) analyze short dump and its cause b) analyze SQL  query on SAP and try to fine tune on your  own   c) check  with Basis team to increase any parameter settings  on QA system.  Is your SAP QA system  is somewhat similar to  PRD system  in terms of  number of application server , memory settings, volume of data  etc.

There is also concept of data staging available in IM 4.0 to pre-populate  complex table data before initial  synch. Which means  during initial synch data will be read from  staging table rather executing query.  I know next question you  might ask whether I have any  sort of documentation - answer is no. I will try to put together document very soon.

See if you can  add any additional filters to restrict materials getting downloaded to Mobile device.

Thanks

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manju.

We're currently considering two of the options you mentioned: contacting the Basis team to see if we can increase some parameters and identifying if there's a filter that we can define.

We didn't knew about the data staging. If you can provide documentation, it would be helpful for this and other implementations.

I'll keep you posted with our findings. Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the same issue and found out the method get_matoum for the class /SMERP/CM_MM_Material_DO on the line 363 has a select which does not consider any filter whatsoever (at least this select should consider the plant filter) and now is reading all the records availables for that inner join MARA - MARM - MAKT - T006 & MARC. Obviously if you have a big master material active for a specific plant, the internal table can not handle so much data on execution.... our dump is telling us the amount of records checked y that select / inner joint is about a 1 million...  We guess the code should be enhance and that is why we have open an OSS case. But if you have an alternative solution, please let us know

BR,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , please check out the OSS Note 2043639. See if this can help you with this problem.

BR,

MC

0 Kudos

Hi , please refer the OSS Note

1934612 - GET_MATUOM method in /SYCLO/CL_MM_MATERIAL_DO does not consider all filter rules

Thanks

Resmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

That OSS Note is not working for our case, because we are already on SP03 for SMERP & SMFND add-ons. The OSS Note that Works for us is  2043639, in fact the select I was talking about in my previous post is not th select fixed on the 1934612. But thank you anyway

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mariana!

This note fixed our problem. We took a while to test it since we had to configure our QA environment with all our master data.

It's now working fine.

Answers (0)