cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5: How to get country borders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when using the VBI map ( not the analytical map ), you can display regions using areas.

For example, this are the coordinates for a triangle:

"10.0000000;50.0000000;0;15.0000000;55.0000000;0;18.0000000;50.0000000;0"

The first question is:

What's the 0 for? Is it used for height?

The second question is:

If i want to display country borders as an area, how do i get the data, since there is no way using a geojson file?

Do i have to convert a geojson file by hand so that the coordinates fit the pattern mentioned above?

Thanks very much,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

First: Your assumption is right. The third value is a height expected in meters over NN. The height value is only supported in our 3D capable native control.

Second: Unfortunately your are right as well. There is no support for GeoJSON and we do not offer any conversion so far.

Best regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

thank you very much.

So how did you make the PLZ - region example? Did you use any tools for that?

Best Regards,

Matthias

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

We had someone building an demo application based on PLZ regions. From such an app it is easy to just copy the input. However, that application was build on the ABAP backend and the data had been dumped into the DB with some report. It should not be very hard to get the relevant data out of a GeoJSON, since the polygon there are already in long, lat. So you need only add a 0 after each two values

If you not even have a GeoJSON you may check www.naturalearthdata.org for country borders. We also got some data from there. They offer the data as shape files. We use tools from www.gdal.org to convert those to GeoJSON.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

thank you very much, i will try this out.

Best Regards,

Matthias

Answers (0)