Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N:1 replication from multiple ERP source systems on different EHP levels

cosmin_jimborean
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The situation is that the customer has multiple ERP systems on different EHP levels. Therefore, in newer EHP systems, some tables will have different structure (additional columns). The intention is to setup N:1 replication into one target DB schema

Would this be possible to support/setup in SLT ? How would the different table structure be handled?

Thanks and best regards,

Cosmin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Cosmin,

I think this can be achieved. First of all you have to investigate which structures are available for the different releases. At the and the target structure has to consist of all available fields with the same name.

Before oyu start with the replication you have to specify the same target structure for all configuration.

What SLT is doing during the mapping from the source structure to the target structure is a "move-corresponding" command. So it is important that the names of the fields are the same. At the end you will have sometimes fields filled, sometimes not (depending if this field is in the source filled).

Let me know if you need further input.

Best,

Tobias

cosmin_jimborean
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Tobias.

Best reagrds,

Cosmin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to setup N:1 replication into one target Database schema,

Here is the excellent blog by Tobias, please refer the link below for more info.

cosmin_jimborean
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your answer. I am aware of the blog and the fact that in general N:1 replication is possible.

But, my question was if this is possible when the source systems are on different releases? and if yes, how would this work when a table will have different structures in different releases?

Thanks,

Cosmin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cosmin,

I don't have idea of replication when the source systems are on different releases.

Let us wait for Tobias comments on this.