cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP BOM and Forecast Disaggregation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I have a situation where we we create a forecast for an Car Engine, which is represented as a CVC characteristic. We also have a Engine Piston part number as a CVC characteristic so when a forecast is entered at the aggregated engine level it is equally proportioned to the piston characteristic as well.

Beneath the Piston charcteristic I am looking to set up DP BOMs to explode the piston to its components. I have set this up and used the functionality that created the DP CVCs for all the components based on the BOM structure. (The MC62 'Add BOM Information' functionality)

The problem I have is that after the component CVCs have been created the initial engine forecast is being proportionally split to both the OUTPUT piston CVC, and the INPUT piston components.

Is there anyway to say that when disagreagation takes place it should only disgregate to the Output piston? 'O' type CVC.

example:

100 units of engine A needs 100 units of piston Z. (a very simple 1:1 disagregation ).

But when I used the DP BOM functionality to create the new CVCs for the components (assume 3 components are used) there are now 4 CVCs under the Engine characteristic, so the 100 units of engine is split 4 ways so only piston Z only recieves a disagregation of 25 units, and each of the three components also gets a disagreagtion of 25 units.

If I could tell it that disagregation should only go to products flagged as BOM 'O' Output, then it would produce the desired result.

Hope that makes sense. and hope someone can help!

S SB 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My workaround solution (possibly permanent) is to make sure that when forecasting at the higher aggregated level I have a selection EXCLUSION on the BOM 'I' type. So disaggregation will therefore only occur down to BOM output materials.

I’m not sure if there is another way, maybe maintaining 0 proportional factors or similar?

S SB