Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a reference object/ibase details - SAP CRM Service Manager 4.1

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on Service Manager 4.1 application . As mentioned the updation of ibase is present in the standard application itself.

My question is , can I reference object which is already present in the SO or only local objects can be edited.

Also how can I edit the serial number here . If I modify the Java code to edit the serial number , will this be supported in the application.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Neha,

In SM 4.1, you can only add/edit reference objects on a confirmation header.  I do not know how you would update the serial number.  If the BAPI supports this, it would be possible.  Not sure if it does support this though without modifications.

SM 4.2 is just being wrapped up by us here.  The new version will support reference object add/edits on service orders, service order items, confirmations and confirmation items.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason,

I shall check the BAPI as you suggested .

Regards

Neha Mahanty

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The standard SM 4.1 application is not fetching the ""Serial Number " property.

I debugged the BAPI /SMCRM/BTX_DOSERVICEORD_GET and the table ET_REF_OBJECTS has the serial number .

There is a serial number property also in "Individual Object" object but this does not hold the value. ( SAP value for serial number is not displayed in Syclo)

Can you please let me know If its a known issue since I am working on the standard code itself for reference object.

Please guide

Thanks

Neha

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

I don't  think serial number download for reference objects is supported in SM 4.1.  Lot of parameters are exposed on SAP  back-end but not necessary that those features are supported in the SM product.  Anything you  want do with serial number will be  an enhancement to SM 4.1 product 

Thanks,

Manju.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

I was going through this link

here also its mention that SM4.1 includes • View Serial number for iObject / Equipment

Also in CRMSM41_TabletUserGuide its mentioned that

The Details tab opens automatically on an Installed Base Objects Details screen, with the following fields

 Component ID

 Object ID

 Serial Number

 Address

However the Serial Number field is blank .

Even the field in present in the Bapi wrapper configuration .. This all explains that serial number is present in the standard application and based on these inputs we have committed the client regarding the same.

Please clear this confusion. Also If the enhancement is needed please guide how should I proceed fir this.

Please guide

Thanks

Neha

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

SM 4.1 supports  -  display of  Serial number for iObject / Equipment  but not serial numbers as part  of ireference object that your referring to.

Thanks

Manju.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Manju,

Yeah this is the one I am referring ,, Sorry I guess I created confusion in terminologies.

So this value is coming from backend BAPI , we have checked but its not displaying in Syclo in the standard application . Any idea ? Please suggest

Thanks

Neha

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manju,

Any suggestions please on this. The value for serial number is coming from backend in field R3SER_NO, the table holds the data which we have already test in SAP but the same is not getting  displayed in the serial number field in Syclo standard 4.1 application.

Do we need to rewrite a custom code to retrieve this value ?

Thanks

Neha

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neha,

Do you see serial number displayed in CRM UI for iObject at Service Order level ? Not sure what could be going wrong  and  why serial number is not getting displayed for iobject in Agentry UI.

Thanks

Manju.

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Neha,

I looked at the java.  We support serial numbers for Products and Individual Objects during the SO fetch, but it looks like we may not be bringing down the serial number for a top level reference object if it is an individual object.  Child individual objects of a parent reference object should be getting serial numbers down to the client for sure.  Can you verify that?  So when I say parent level, I mean the rows that will show up on the reference objects tab on the client for a service order.  If you have IBase 123 on an order, see if an individual object under 123 with a serial number is displaying on the client.  If so, then you will need to modify the referenceobject java class to fix this for top level individual objects.  The object mappings happen in the setProperties method of referenceobject.  I see a mapping for product serial number there, but not for individual objects.  When we add the child objects to the parent, there is a mapping for serial number for individual objects, but not for products.  Seems that could be a problem too.  It also could be that the child logic is applied to the parent records and I am just not seeing that when I look at the complicated logic.  I will try to debug this when I am able.  Hopefully you have access to the java source.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for the detailed information I shall verify this. Also regarding the Java source code I do not have it , I just have the .jar file , Is there a way I can get the source code.

Also for Java debugging I followed this link

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Debug+SMP+3.0+Agentry+Java+in+Eclipse but this did not worked as the SMP 3.0 server is installed as a service in my development environment. Could you please suggest me how should I move ahead with the debugging?

Thanks a lot for all your guidance

Thanks

Neha

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Neha,

Your customer has to work with their account executive to request the source code from SAP.  In order to run the SMP server as a command window and not a service, first stop and disable the service through Windows, then change the path on your desktop shortcut to "go.bat -debug 7090" to start the debugger on port 7090.

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks I shall check this on debug. I will post the work progress.

Thanks

Neha

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Were you able to debug the application ?. I tried but still no luck.

Thanks

Neha

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Neha,

No, my time is committed for the time being on other projects and escalations.  If you can confirm a bug you may need to report it so it can be addressed by us here.

Answers (0)