cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending calculated header values (Plain HTTP Adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new at HTTP communication in PI and I have the following scenario in SAP PI 7.1:

HTTP - PI - HTTP

PI receives a message from an external server and delivers to an external client.

The communication is synchronous and both adapter types are HTTP, the sender and receiver channel have the following configuration:

fig. 1 - sender configuration

fig 2 - receiver configuration

When the client receives the sent message, he processes it and sends the response as an calculated header field, as shown in the following image:

fig. 3 - synchronous response received when server consumes directly the client server via "Poster" Mozilla Add-on)

But if I send the message via PI, I don't receive this header in the response:

fig. 4 - synchronous response received when server sends the message through PI via "Poster" Mozilla Add-on)

How can I obtain the header field "X-XPTO-STATUS" that is sent by client and send it to the server as a header field also?

If you can point me the direction I'll be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Please try using the Request/Response bean in the sender module. It will help in receiving the response.

Kindly check below links and configure same as that;

Using Request Response Bean Module in FILE Adapter - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

The scenarios might be different here but you can have the same config , suggest to use a file place holder to save your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Murugavel Singaravel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murugavel,

Thanks for your input but I can't use your suggestion because in Plain HTTP adapters there is no "Module" option.

Regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to save HTTP header fields from the synchronous response in the XI message header, chooseHTTP Header Fields (Synchronous Response) and enter the fields in the fields Field 1 to Field 6.

The fields must have the same names as the fields that are also to be sent in the HTTP response.

The technical names of the fields are HeaderFieldOne,...,HeaderFieldSix.

The attribute namespace for the adapter is http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/HTTP.

Source: SAP Help Potal