cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with PI->ECC RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I have created Function Modules in  ECC, imported them into PI (7.11), and used them in mapping, all successfully. I have created a new FM, imported it successfully and when I try to get data from ECC, I have no luck.

Now, this isn't something wrong with the FM, as the RFC call is not even getting to the FM. How do I know this? Because when I us the Display Queue option on the RFC in the mapping, I don't get to see the parameters being passed: All I see is a blank window returned.

I have executed other RFCs in the same systems (PI QAS and ECC QAS) and all have returned data, so it is not some overall connection issue. It is the failure of this one particular RFC to connect to ECC.

I have checked and rechecked all the values and parameters and bindings and still I get nothing. Looking for an assist, please.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, I am using this RFC for Enhanced Receiver Determination. In the mapping, I had not yet connected anything to the Receivers or Receiver nodes, just the RFC and other elements I need to generate a value for the Service node.

I thought, could that be it? Once I just mapped a blank constant to each of these nodes, the RFC worked.

Thanks to all for your help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

As mentioned by Amit, after checking if you do not find anything in Communication Channel, test the RFC with SE37 transaction in ECC system. In the input, provide the exact data which you have in your RFC XML as field values.

You can also test by setting external breakpoints with the USER used by External System (SAP PI in this case) in RFC. Once you trigger the message from PI and a successful call to the RFC takes place, a new session of debugger would pop up.

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not an issue with the FM, as I stated in my original message. Clearly, since I see no activity in CCM for the RFC, it is not even connecting to ECC, so debugging would be of no use.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

If also RFC Channel is not properly connected to ECC but when Call Adapter is called from SAP PI pipeline steps, there should be some log (Failure / Error etc.) at RFC Channel Monitoring.

Send e message from Integration Engine and you would see whats going on.

Display Queue does not run under end to end.

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did u check the RFC receiver channel logs?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just did now (thanks). I saw no error messages. So:

1) I attempted to use the non-functioning RFC (by using Display Queue, still a blank screen), refreshed the RFC channel and saw no new entries (neither error nor successful)

2) I used a functioning RFC (by using Display Queue, which worked as expected), refreshed the RFC channel and saw a message processed entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are u using standard RFC lookup function or UDF?

If RFC channel is not showing any logs then it might be the case that PI is not at all making a call to RFC ?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the RFC lookup function in the graphical mapping.