cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Workflow without Manager in GRC Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got a question about the approval process in GRC Access Control.

For the approval process there is in a compony with 200 000 employees and many departmants with manager who can approve the access requests.

For employe 1 ist manager 1 approving and for manager 1 is manager 2 approving.

This means that there are supposed 50 000 manager in the company. Must them be registered or have users in the system to approve?

Is there maybe an other option to avoide the registriation of all this manager?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Büsra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Busra,

In GRC 10 creation of all approvers in GRC system and assignment of approver roles is mandatory.

You can make use of LDAP sync job and can create all your LDAP users in GRC.

Check below idea which is submitted in ideas place

Approvers authentication to be based on a data source instead of GRC SU01 : View Idea

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

thank for your answer!

I will show this suggestion to my colleagues!

Kind regards,

Büsra

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

SAP reviewed that Idea and do not plan to implement it. After a discussion with one of the Product coordinators, I was asked to raise a new New as a refinement.

If you are and others are keen to Approval to use Data Sources, then please vote on the new idea. The solution would mean a combination of Approver must have a SU01 GRC master (it's how SAP workflow and authorisations work); SSO would need to be implemented to launch the URL; reaffirm on approval would allow authentication against the data source

GRC Approver for Reaffirm Requests to authentication against Data Sources : View Idea

Unfortunately, this Idea now needs to obtain the 15 votes to even be considered.

Regards

Colleen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can create ticket outside GRC, and get 1 level approval outside GRC,

Once Manager approval is done you can send it GRC Automatically and get the request created for next level approval and provision.

You need to create web service for that.

You abaper will help you more on that.

Regarsd,

Prasant