cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Gateway Installation options - Embedded/Central Hub?

0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have an ECC, CRM, SRM and BW SAP environment and we are looking to roll out Fiori app's across ECC first and then CRM and SRM when they are both upgraded to the supported levels too.

We have performed a Proof of Concept Fiori installation in ECC for 4 Fiori App's where we installed an Embedded Netweaver Gateway and then the 4 App's on the top of that.

What we now want to do though is either move the Fiori App's out of ECC and to a Central Netweaver Gateway system that the CRM and SRM systems will also use, and potentially also set up CRM Desktop Connector in the at Netweaver Gateway Hub. Or alternatively leave the ECC Embedded Netweaver Gateway and then also install additional Embedded Netweaver Gateways in both CRM and SRM and configure the Fiori and Desktop Connector locally to each appropriate system.

Central Hiub for all systems, or keep is Embedded for all systems?

thanks

Simon.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Below will help.

If u see the below ->

SAP Fiori Installation and Configuration

Its been written as below :

For running SAP Fiori apps, we recommend that you use a Central Hub Deployment of SAP NetWeaver Gateway.

This means you install SAP NetWeaver Gateway independent of consumer technologies in a standalone system, either behind or in front of the firewall.

Setting up your system landscape with the Central Hub Deployment option means that you separate business content from front-end content. You therefore have to install components on a back-end server and a front-end server.

We do not recommend the Embedded Deployment option. This document is entirely based on the Central Hub Deployment option.

So GW as Central Hub System is what is recommended as per above details.

Please have a look at the above.

Regards,

Ashwin

0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

I was assuming the Central Hub would be the best option, but what do we do with the Components already deployed in the ECC systems i.e.the 4 Fiori App's, how easy is it to then re-point these to the Central Hub?

thanks

Simon.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

M not very sure as it looks like some additional configurations might have to be done in GW Hub now.

However according to me the below might help to access those apps from GW Hub :

In the Central GW Hub System,

1. Create RFC destination to ECC with appropriate User credentials.

2. Create System alias in SPRO which will point to ur ECC.

3. Add and Register those 4 Fiori services in GW Hub by going to /iwfnd/maint_service t-code.

Once this is done i think u shud be able to access those from GW Hub. U can check this.

Regards,

Ashwin

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

I think can help u on this with appropriate solution.

Regards,

Ashwin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simon,

For me this looks like a perfect case Hub Deployment. As you know this is SAP's recommendation as well.

In addition, having HUB deployment will help  you to do multi origin composition as well and I see a good possibility in your landscape.

You can leave the Hub components as it is and register your services fresh from the new HUB system.

But in the Hub scenario, remember that Fiori frontend componenets need to be installed in the Hub system. So you need to redo this.

regards

Krishna