cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display Custom Favicon in web browser

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anybody explain me about the URL parameter WDFAVICON?

My webdynpro application shows default SAP favicon in browser. So I uploaded the icon with 16x16 pixels in size into MIME repository. Now my requirement is to replace the standard favicon with my custom favicon only for this particular application. I went through some earlier discussions regarding this topic but i couldn't understand much.

Please help.

Regards,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the Icon must have .ico extension. Pass the url(mime path at which the icon is stored) of the Custom icon to the Application parameter WDFAVICON if you are on Netweaver 7.31 or above. Or you could also check this blog:

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your reply. I already checked this blog. It will change favicon to all webdynpro applications. But I want to add custom favicon to a specific application.

Regards,

Satish

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Normally application parameters are passed through parameters tab, in the application, as shown in the below screen, if it has to be specific to that application.Please try by giving the parameter and the path, and check if it helps.

Regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Thanks for your reply. I already tried this with parameter "WDFAVICON" and value "/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zmy_wda/favicon.ico". But it didn't work.

maybe the path I have entered is incorrect. Do you know how can I check the entered path is correct?

Regards,

Satish