Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time estimation for WDA development

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

do anybody have some estimation for WDA development objects? i mean depending on critical level as Very Simple, Simple, Medium, Complex and Very Complex.

please let me know how we can estimate the work on WDA devl. objects?

if anybody have the documentation/tool on this please let me know. if possible please send the same on my email - cmmahajan@gmail.com

Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

such general time estimates depend on so many factors such as the complexity of your UI and business logic, the knowledge and experience of your development team, your technical infrastructure, etc that you cannot really make them.

For programming notes, see the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/81/809d4e09f84eb98103c4317c9ee9a5/frameset.htm">documentation</a>

Regards, Heidi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrashekhar Mahajan ,

Based on my last 6 months experience I will say Time estimation for WebDynpro ABAP based on

1) Number of View

2) <b>Complexity of UI elements</b> involved in Development ( Take case if you want ALV rows with same content to be clubbed , or On click of alv change in Business Graphics element like Gantt Chart )

3) <b>Complexity of Business process and Extent to which client want it to automate.</b>4) another issues is Documentation of WD ABAP objects , as in case of WD ABAP object documentation approach entirely different from conventional ABAP documentation.

5) Understanding of client Business process , visualizing it and designing it in Web Dynpro context

6) How much<b> information you have about data you want put in context</b> and with which database tables , fields , R/3 servers it has interaction.

Regards ,

Parry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of any Estimation Matrix or tools for WebDynPro-ABAP developments. for now we do it on basis of Number of views, complexity of business logic & Over-all UI requirements from understanding of customer requirements.

7-10 Days for one component, & 15days for 2-3 components & component with multiple component reuse.

You can give a rough estimate with a buffer time of 2-3days.