cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Value Addition to SRM Functionally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed SAP HANA in our landscape and have ECC and SRM systems deployed on it. However, the systems appear and perform same as the non-HANA systems. For eg: While performing SRM Scenarios(Shopping Cart cycle, Contract cycle, RFX, CPPR etc) we cannot differentiate between the non HANA and HANA systems.Same is the case for MM scenarios(PR-PO-GR-IV cycle).

We would like to understand what Value addition does HANA functionally offer to SRM and MM scenarios. Please let us know your thoughts if any one has worked on SRM/MM on HANA.

Thanks,

Prachi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would think HANA would greatly report queries. What tool set in SRM HANA can you use to link the standard SRM TABLEs for reporting?

For Example:  Generating a report of Open PO lines for quantity? including the Cart Numbers along with PO  or

Generating a report to show

1. Time taken between Cart Creation, Cart Approval, PO creation, PO Approval, PO Ordering again with both PO and Cart Numbers.

Some of the reports require many table joins and take a lot of time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have come across many discussions and topics emphasizing performance and speed related things as a major benefit provided by SAP HANA Database. This was also highlighted by many of you at the begining of the thread.

We have not come across any major change/impact SAP HANA provides to SRM functionally.

Please let us know if any one has explored this in detail and found any functional changes/benefits which only SAP HANA provides to SRM as compared to other databases.

Regards,

Prachi

rohit3611
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may help you to get new feature based on HANA.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61243

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you implement UI5? And HANA Search to search for catalog items?

We are going in this direction and I'm looking for others who have done the same.

Thanks,

Lore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your responses so far on HANA Value Addition to SRM.

Similarly, is any one aware or worked on HANA Value additions in MM Scnearios. Would really aprreciate some info on what and how HANA impacts functionally on MM scenarios/cycles(PR--PO--GR--IV etc).

Regards,

Prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

We have not activated the Business Function yet. We will be activating it. Thanks!

Regards,

Prachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil ,

Yes we have SRM 7.0 EHP3 SP2 installed currently with HANA database. But we do not have any HANA related set up maintained in the SRM systems. They are just a copy of our previous non HANA systems. So, currently they appear to be working just like our previous systems(without HANA) atleast from the end user perspective. We have also not come across any issue as such.

What we are trying to do now is understand the functional benefits of HANA and are trying to set up the config/related settings on the SRM systems to utilise HANA to the fullest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Then please check the SRM EHP3 Release Notes in SAP service market place (service market place Id required). There you will find the new features of SRM released in EHP3 by SAP.

As SAP has started supporting SRM on HANA database as of EHP3 so one among several advancement by having SRM on HANA is:

Business Function for Sourcing Optimization (SRM_SOC_OPT):

Sourcing Search Optimization to optimize the search during sourcing of documents on HANA database or a non-HANA database. You can also experience improved performance.

Have you activated this Business Function? If not then I would say activate it and experience improvement in performance.

Please reward points if found helpful.

Best Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks rohan!

To upgrade to SRM 7.0 EHP 3 SP4(From SRM 7.0 EHP 3 SP2), do we have any limitations or pre-requisites for the associated ECC system.

Thanks & Regards,

Prachi

rohit3611
Contributor
0 Kudos

No,

If you see the SRM guide there is no pre-requisites for SP4 from SP2. as you already have HANA if in SP2.

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil - Thanks for the link. The screen looks to be the SAP Fiori Launchpad and tiles related to it.

Are we trying to say that the only functional advantage of using SAP HANA for ECC is provided by SAP Fiori.

From the above links and comments, I understand that we need to upgrade to SRM 7.0 EHP 3 SP4 to utlise the POWL benefits(For SC,RFX,Contracts etc) provided by HANA for SRM. What kind of improvements can we expect here.

For eg: As a end user, if i enter SC/RFX or Contract number in POWL will it provide a faster search result.

Is that the only benefit we can observe or there can be some additional fields/tabs etc which can be used during functional cycles(eg: Shopping Cart creation, Approval, Contract creation etc)

rohit3611
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi prachi,

You are right, this is only advantage right now.

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Yes, To see the actual performance benefits of HANA your SRM 7 system should be at EHP3.

However in the beginning of this post you have mentioned that you have already installed SAP HANA in landscape with deployed ECC and SRM systems.  I guess that your SRM system is on lower (<EHP2) version of SAP SRM system.

If yes then I suspect you have installed it in your landscape because as per the released Master Guides, SAP has started support of HANA for SRM 7 as of EHP3.

Do you really have HANA working with SRM for lower EHPs of SRM? Don't you have any issues?

Regards,

Anil Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil and Rohan for the useful links and comments. I understand HANA will have more benefits in terms of performance, database size etc. Although personally I have not experienced very  huge performance difference between non HANA and HANA systems.

However I would like to understand more about the benefits HANA will provide to Business functionally as a end user in real time scenarios/cases. For eg: While creating a new shopping cart , Creating and Distributing a Contract , Publishing a RFX etc.

And also the benefits it will have on Materials Management. For eg: While creating a PR,PO or GR or posting an Invoice etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Check the below link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6Zs_u4Fys&feature=youtu.be

Regards,

Anil

rohit3611
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

Nila has given in her blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57278

all the details about SRM on HANA and what all features are delivered by now. Right now it is mostly in area of POWL for SC, PO, RFX etc and Sourcing Cockpit.

Please have a look into her blog.

There is no change in the document handling right now so you may not feel any effect that side.

Best regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi,

With SAP enhancement package 3 for SAP SRM 7.0, SAP is enabling the existing functions of SAP SRM for SAP HANA to utilize the in-memory technology and enable better performing business applications.

SAP SRM on SAP HANA is part of the SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA offering. It is available as of SRM 7.0 EHP 3.

It is the base for all future optimization processes and performance improvements along with functional enhancements.

Benefits:

-> Improved performance in the creation and display of objects such as RFx and Purchase Order

-> Real-time operational reporting and monitoring for better insight into business operations

-> Up to 50% decrease in database size because SAP HANA does not require database indices

-> Re-vamped Shopping Cart Personalized Object Worklist (POWL) powered by SAP HANA for tremendous improvement of response time in SP03 with other optimizations of POWL and Sourcing Cockpit planned for future releases

-> Delivery of customer-driven enhancements such as central point for substitution rule maintenance, handling mandatory fields for free text shopping, and workload redistribution in Sourcing Cockpit application.

Please check the beneth SAP notes 1825774, 1818517 and links

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57288

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-57278 

Best Regards,

Anil

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prachi ,

I am eagerly waiting for the experts to reply on this thread.

BR

Gautam