cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Maintenance Optimizer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is the first time I am configuring SM 4.0. I am done with installation, and want to conigure maintenance optimizer.

I followed the IMG guide step by step.

But after all done, there are no systems listed under the maintenance optimizer of my Solution Landscape.

Instead I get a message:

<b>Change requests cannot be displayed or created, because the RFC connection has errors, or is not maintained.

Check whether the RFC connection to the Change Man agement system is under the key CHARM_DEST (APPLI field in the DESTINAT field), in the view BCOS_CUST. You need authorization for the cross-client view/table maintenance (S_TABU_DIS and S_TABU_CLI).

Check the RFC connection in the transaction SM59. If your SAP Solution Manager system is also your Change Manager system, the internal connection must be 'NONE'. You need authorization for the administration of RFC connections (S_RFC_ADM).</b>

Meanwhile I have issue with my J2EE engine not starting due to some UME issues, which I am working on parallely.

Please do let me know what would be the issue.

I have followed the note 990534 and doen with the BC sets.

But I am not sure where am I making a mistake.

One more doubt is, does maintenance optimizer connect to the SAP service market place through SAPOSS??? and am I not seeing anu system because my SLD is down. Please bear with my ignorance, I am a little lost here.

I have completed the solution landscape, logical component, etc.

Please help...

Regards,

Sapfan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am running SM 4.0 and ST400 patch level 006, can anyone tell me how can i bring the patch level to 009, so i can configure the maintenance optimizer.

kr

Thushara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumaravel,

I have been facing the same problem. It was due to the incorrect selecting the "Leading Role of the Solution" when you create a solution and select solution landscape maintenance option. Select the Development, Testing and production system accordingly. After that you will definitely see the system.

-Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your post. I did the same and resolved my issue long back.

It was only to do with the system role.

Regards,

p. Kumaravel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before going to configure Maintanace optimizer you need to configure sattilite systems in solution manager.

Go to SMSY tcode and configre R\3 systems.For these systems you need to create RFC connections and Logical componenyt name.

And also you need to create your own solution in DSWP.

I hope it will help you.

kiran kumar.v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for that.

I got it resolved myself. The only thing that was stopping my solution being reflected in MOPZ was that I did not defien the proper Lead role of my solution.

Once that was done, it came up.

Anyways the J2EE issue still persists, though I had done a temporaray setup for that.

Regards,

P. Kumaravel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly go through following note, you might get some help.

Note 1024932 - Maintenance Optimizer Collective Note.

Regards,

Naresh Dodeja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

That was the first thing I didi even before starting installation.

Any other help would be appreciated.

Regards,

P.Kumaravel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am fighting the same battle and, well, it's not as easy a SAP told me ("you just the the MAintenance Optimizer"

Regarding the Java engine not working, I had the same problem after switching the UME for the Java stack from client 001 to client 100 as per IMG guide. I don't know what went wrong and has no time to debug it yet, I just revert to client 001 and made any further customization in it. I am willing to scrap the Solution Manager box in order to get the Maintenance Optimizer working, and redo a clean install later on.

I also completed the connect to SAP part of the IMG and got SAPOSS and SAP-OSS RFCs working in SM59. I don't know if this is really used for the Maintenance Optimizer, because it does connect you to service.sap.com in the sp-stacks section with IE. It does connect you to the relevant part of sp-stacks for the solution you are trying to define.

Can you tell your exact SPS level for your Solution Manager, as the IMG guides changed between SPS09 and 10.

Also, did you you feed your system landscape definition (SMSY) from the SLD? Do you see all your systems in SMSY, and did you create logical components accordingly?

Let us know,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

My current SP levels are:

SAP_BASIS - 0011

SAP_ABAP - 0011

PI_BASIS 2005_11 - 0011

ST-PI 2005_11 - 0003

SAP_BW - 0011

SAP_AP - 0007

BBPCRM 5 - 0007

CPRXRPM - 0007

ST400 - 0010

ST-ICO - 0008

ST-SER - 0007

The issue is I did not connect to SAP yet, as I have only one RFC generated i.e. SAPOSS> Since my SAPRouter is not yet configured, I will connect to a valid SAPRouter once all the SM config is done.

I als got sone error in generating RFC for the main system when I used the wizard. I selected Change management and customizing directory and also selected Assign RFC for system monitoring.

I changed back the UME source to client 001, but still same.

Moreover the maintenance optimizer is not showing the satellite system.

I am really stuck.

Please let me know if you require more information.

I created the main system and defined the solution, as per the SPRO->Solution Manager -> Advanced Configuration -> Basic settings ->

I started this only after applying SP10.

Now I don see the systems both for Setup Solution monitoring and in maintenance optimizer.

WIll the system not reflect is the java ebngine is down???

Regards,

P.K