cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in Adaptive Web service model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This is my sceanrio - I am consuming a web service deployed in a XI server in my webdynpro application. I get the desired response when I import the model using normal web service model. The same code gives an exception when using Adaptive web service model. I have created destination in visual admin for the URL

http://<WAS on which wsdl resides>:50100/inspection.wsil

Is there any other configuration to be made?

This is the exception that I get -

Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

The wsdl is in a different server & my webdynpro application runs on a different WAS. Host file entries are made in both the servers.

I checked using the transaction sxmb_moni. My request to the XI web service is not registered there.

What could be the reason for the error?

Can someone help me out?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

M.Subathra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Subathra , i have had similar problems.

I get unkown host exception instead of this.

Try to use adaptive web servic emodel with

"http://www.dataaccess.com/webservicesserver/conversions.wso?WSDL"

and check if this works fie for you.

If it doesnt , then you could debug , else if it does its has to be something in your wsdl that adaptive does not support.

I have the same problem as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i read you question again , i think it is a differnt issue ,Found this in some faq ,May be it will help ya.

SocketTimeoutException: The web service provider system to which the WSDL URL points is obviously very slow so that a timeout occurs when reading the WSDL. If one does not want to wait until the provider system provides sufficient performance (the default timeout per URL - also for URLs imported in the WSDL - is 3 minutes and cannot be configured) one can also try and download the WSDL and the files imported from the WSDL to the local hard disk and import from there. Note that if you are not using WS destinations to load the WSDL at runtime the same WSDL URL will be used as you've used in the importer. In this case one should change the setting designtimeWsdlUrl for the AWS model after import to the original WSDL URL again (Select the model in the IDE model browser and display its properties view; there you find this entry).

Maybe it will help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasuki,

I don't think Adaptive Web service model supports external web services,as of now. That could be the problem for 'unknown host exception'.

In my case, I am using a WS provided by XI. Adaptive web service supports only WS providers that support wsil. Dunno if XI offers a support for wsil. Am working at it. Any idea about it?

Thanks for ur ideas.

Subathra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing snazzy about wsil.Its just another complement for uddi.

All sap web services will support that.I am not sure if that is the issue.

But do post if you come across something , i am also working on similar stuff.

You cn generate WSIL from WSDL in eclipse , just search for the plug in in google.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you read the SAP manuals clearly , they say that if destinations are left empty then , metadata information is read from WSDL itself.

Anywayys for XI web services, they shouldnt really be considered external , i think you should have some way to add this to xi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of now, am using the web services model instead of Adaptive web service. Shall get back to you if I get a solution.

Thanks & regards,

M.Subathra