cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to AS2 - Dynamic Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send an IDOC thru to an AS2 adapter and I can send the file thru. However I am now encountering issues with the file name....I have it set to rename it to be OB10.xml

This is causing issues with mass loads however so I need to add a timestamp/messageid in there

so what needs to go across is something like OB10_201411050900123.xml or OB10_xxxxxxx.xml (xxxxx can be the unique message id)....Most the blogs and posts are dealing with passing the filename from sender to reciever but I dont have a filename here as it is an IDOC

In fact I dont even need the OB10 at the start but it needs a unique name and .xml at the end. I have tried going thru blogs but I dont think i can you attribmapper as it is an IDOC coming in (so no sender channel) and when using the dynamic config I cant get the .xml at the end.

So how do I get messageid.xml or datetimestamp.xml into the filename ?

Any help is much appreciated

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Please check the following for MsgID and DateTime stamp with xml extension:

Dynamic file name and directory in Receiver File Adapter - summary of possibilities - Process Integr...

(check : Adapter-Specific Message Attributes and Dynamic Configuration)

UDF to Read Message ID of a PI Message - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azhar but an AS2 receiver adapter does not have variable substitutuion like a File adapter and I cant use the UDF route as we do not have any mapping on the file.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok..

i am not sure if we can handle this using standard configs...

Would like to suggest, if you can split the flow in two steps to make it simpler:

1. IDOC to File (with required File name/MsgID/TimeStamp/Counter....xml)

2. File to AS2

Regards,

Azhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Azhar,

I ended up going down this path and it works fine It just means another poll is needed after we write the IDOC.

I would have thought there was someway to add a timestamp in on the reciever for AS2 but working now so thanks for your help

B

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

Glad to know that this approach worked

Appreciate if you can close the discussion

How to close a discussion and why

Regards,

Azhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is also not mapping the file so we cant use the UDF route.

B