SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does upstream period-based mean of TMF (FUNC 1)?

0 Kudos

Could anybody give some explanation about TMF validity Type 1. (e.g. BVC, PREMSPLIT)?

Actually I want to know the dependencies between TMF (FUNC 1) and Effective Date.

Because I want to set the next date of TMF for premium splitting (FUNC 1) as follows:

After release a new policy, I want to set the next date in Planned Processing Activity before the effective data.
For example, Payment frequency is Quarterly, effective date is Mar/01/2014 and the next date of TMF should be on Feb/01/2014.

Is this possible business scenarios in terms of the standard behavior of TMF?

If yes, please let me know the implementation steps.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Kyoungkeun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CatalinChiuaru
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kyoungkeun,

Generally, the time model functions with validity category = FUNC1 (Upstream planned time-based) make planned changes within a specific period which begins with the effective date of the execution date of the time model function.

In your case:

"...I want to set the next date of TMF for premium splitting (FUNC 1) as follows:

After release a new policy, I want to set the next date in Planned Processing Activity before the effective data.
For example, Payment frequency is Quarterly, effective date is Mar/01/2014 and the next date of TMF should be on Feb/01/2014."

Your scenario describes in my opinion the behavior of an time model function with validity category = FUNC2 (Downstream planned time-based) - these type of time model function makes changes within a specific period which ends with the effective date of the execution date of the time model function.

Only as an remark, the mentioned time model BVC in your post is not a TMF with validity category 1, but with validity category 2!

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to reply me.

Kind regards,

Catalin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CatalinChiuaru
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kyoungkeun,

Generally, the time model functions with validity category = FUNC1 (Upstream planned time-based) make planned changes within a specific period which begins with the effective date of the execution date of the time model function.

In your case:

"...I want to set the next date of TMF for premium splitting (FUNC 1) as follows:

For example, Payment frequency is Quarterly, effective date is Mar/01/2014 and the next date of TMF should be on Feb/01/2014."

Your scenario describes in my opinion the behavior of an time model function with validity category = FUNC2 (Downstream planned time-based) - these type of time model function makes changes within a specific period which ends with the effective date of the execution date of the time model function.

Only as an remark, the mentioned time model BVC in your post is not a TMF with validity category 1, but with validity category 2!

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to reply me.

Kind regards,

Catalin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

You need to watch your manners in public places.