cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM filesystems consumes too much space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a space issue, /usr/sap/SID is currently at 92% used and we will try to delete some files. Would like to know if what is this files located in /usr/sap/SID/MDSS42/work and /usr/sap/SID/MDSS42/work/backup_tsf, it contains files like the below:

tsf33D.

tsf43.

tsf169.

tsf208.

tsf2A.

tsf340.

tsf4A.

tsf1D1[3652].  

tsf225[1991].  

tsf254[1080].  

tsf263[908].   

tsf2E3[4384].  

tsf320[2729].  

tsf3C7[1168].

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we delete this temporary syndication files?

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

If the files are present in the archive folder of the syndicated folder structure you can delete them off.

If would suggest a monthly housekeeping activity if the transactions are too much . Also check the import folder structures as well for the same.

You can write a script and run this on a monthly basis to wipe out any data prior to a particular day, this makes sure that capacity management is done on a periodic basic.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vag for a quick response. I'm not sure where I could find this "archive folder" but upon searching on the whole filesystem, one particular tfs file only exists in  /usr/sap/SID/MDSS42/work and /usr/sap/SID/MDSS42/work/backup_tsf

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

I was heading towards the below path

\usr\sap\<SAP System ID>\<MDM Server instance ID>\mdm\distributions\<Remote System>\<Port>\Archive Folder

You need to have a look at structure for every Remotesystem and Port combination and wipe the dataoff once you clear it with your your business.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find the Archive Folder but I noticed that some tfs files that are in /usr/sap/SID/MDSS42/work have backup located in /usr/sap/SID/MDSS42/work/backup_tsf.

Is there a config file to check this archive folder's location? I tried checking mdss.ini but no luck.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos