cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Host for the SLD can't send data to itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to setup a SLD on our ABAP+J2EE Add-in WebAS 640 SP10 system. The SLD is setup fine. I can import information from all of my ABAP systems via RZ70 with no problems. I setup the data send from the J2EE side via the Visual Admin. All my other J2EE systems send their data correctly as well. Except for the J2EE system that the SLD is actually hosted on.

When I do a force send from the Visual Admin tool I don't get any errors. If I trace from the SLD side I get the following details.

#374140 04/20/2005 10:51:44.281 [Thread-113] FINE com.sap.lcr.sagent.builder.GenericBuilder: Generic builder end work

#374139 04/20/2005 10:51:44.281 [Thread-113] DEBUG com.sap.lcr.sagent.builder.J2EEBuilder: getSupplierInstances

Thrown:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.builder.BuilderUtil.createServicePorts(BuilderUtil.java:458)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.builder.J2EEBuilder.getSupplierInstances(J2EEBuilder.java:523)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.builder.GenericBuilder.work(GenericBuilder.java:131)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector.performWork(BuilderDirector.java:642)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector.redirectData(BuilderDirector.java:541)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector.performWork(BuilderDirector.java:520)

at com.sap.lcr.sagent.BuilderDirector.run(BuilderDirector.java:441)

#374138 04/20/2005 10:51:44.281 [Thread-113] DEBUG com.sap.lcr.sagent.builder.BuilderUtil: createSapComputerSystem, no SAP_ComputerSystem with host "sqld15" found in SAPData, creating a minimum computer system

However I end up with absolutely no information about this J2EE system. The only thing that I can think of that might be causing a problem is that I am running in a Microsoft Cluster and sqld15 is the virtual host name of the MSSQL database. The virutal host name for the SAP systme is d15cs. However the ABAP side of this clustered system doesn't seem to have any problems with the situation.

I am a little bit at a loss because I am new to the whole J2EE side of the world. My searches on SDN and OSS have not revieled any helpful information.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have a very similar problem. I set up an sld on an ABAP/Java System (Windows, SP13). Whenever I try to send its data from the j2ee engine to its own sld or another sld it shows "transfer successful" message, but the is no data in the sld(s). When I send the data from RZ70 there is no problem at all.

Did you find a solution for your problem? Perhaps this can help me solve my problem, too.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, all. I have the same problem (XI installation on AIX, WebAS ABAPJAVA, SP13). ABAP part's self-registration works perfectly. The interesting thing that another NW04 WebAS ABAPJava instance (SP12, Win2000) can register itself on this SLD without any problem.

In the same time native J2EE instance fails to selfregister with the same exception in SLD server log like described above.

Maybe the problem is in incorrect importing of SLD content? Can anyone say how to clear existing SLD content and import it from scratch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I got an answer from SAP:

"No data transfer to SLD from a dual-stack java instance:

this bug appears, if a J2EE engine SP13 is trying to register on an SLD running on an J2EE engine with SP level smaller SP14.

As a temporary workaraound you can register your J2EE on SP13 in the SLD manually via the 'New Technical System' within the Technical System browser."

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for posting the answer. I have the same problem

with XI-Installation on SP13. Does somebody know if it

is required to create the technical system manually to

operate XI properly.

If is not obligatory needed than i won't create it myself

and wait for the correction of the error.

Thanks,

Ly-Na Phu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you delete the content, when you delete the "sld/active" in -> Administration -> Namespaces.

We already tried this and after that we imported the Content again. Short conclusion: It did not work for us.

We still have the problem - the j2ee-instance cannot send its data. The ABAP-instance with RZ70 works fine. The manual sending with Visual Administrator reports no error, but still no data in the SLD.

regards,