cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with LOG4J with NETWEAVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one web project and one EJB project ,when i m trying to build my application its throwing me an error saying Class not found like :

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category

Why its looking for category class ?? I have already set the log4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib folder and log4j.properties in WEB-INF/classes .please let know how to solve this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Gstoiljkovski
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jaya,

this means that your class (org.apache.log4j.Category or the whole jar file) is not in the classpath of your project/application which is represented by the eclipse specific property "build-path". This would be the behaviour during "build" time. So please check the eclipse specific "Java Build Path" property of your project.

Regards

Goran

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems you posted in the wrong section...this here is migration stuff (changing operating system and/or database system)

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

> seems you posted in the wrong section...this here is

> migration stuff (changing operating system and/or

> database system)

I'm sorry but this section is originaly a pure Java/J2EE application migration forum, introduced with the release of the J2EE Migration Kit.

So strictly speaking postings regarding how to migrate a specific SAP release to NetWeaver or DB migration issues are wrong here.

Best regards

Halil