Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QI Stock in MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Kindly help me to understand the following:

For our client the QM is not implemented and no material has QM view activated in the material master. Our client used to post goods, during MIGO, into QI stocks. They also used to post stocks into QI using 322 movement (unrestricted to QI) for some materials. This can be seen in MMBE under QI stocks. (Ex: material no. 100189 in the screen shot)

Now in MD04 transaction, these stocks in QI are added to the 'available stocks'. The available stock includes the stock shown under QI in MMBE besides those from unrestricted, blocked, restricted-use and plant-to-plant stock transfer.

Recently, our client has implemented QM for all materials. Now after MIGO, the stocks are automatically posted in QI stock with inspection lot numbers assigned to it. In MD04 transaction, these QI stocks are not 'added' to the 'available stocks' but are shown as receipts separately. (Ex: material no. A000101 in the screen shot)

Being new to QM, I would like to understand why this happens? What is the difference between both the QI stocks? Is it possible to include the QI stocks in the 'available stocks' after implementation of QM? If yes, how to proceed? Please help me asap to understand this.

(kindly refer the screen shots to understand the query)

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Posting of qty w.r.t mvt type will triggers a material document and Via MRP run or via some document if you post the qty it will have references of few data and data element through which system identifies which Material document qty taken into account and which one is individually handled.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Thanks for the reply.

To be frank, your reply is bouncers to me . Can you pls elaborate in detail and with respect to the examples provided herewith?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First you need to understand the flow of Auto goods movement and manual goods movement and their related effects on accounting and inventory.

Other hand you need to know books of inventory effects with postings. if you looking into MRP screen few fields has some references. read help on scn.

In simple word, manual posting of inventory will be visible in MD04 while inventory update bcoz of auto psoting will not.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Is it possible to include the QI stocks as part of available stocks in MD04 list? Pls confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO,

Auto goods movement related inventory not counted. BLOCK/QI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you pls explain the difference between QI stocks in both the cases? Will be helpful to understand the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I already explain you. Manual posting and auto posting.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shailendra.

We closed the issue thro' enhancement option.