cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman support pack upgrade Error - SP11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am encounter an error in select Target road map, Please refer attached error document for details.

The same error is not appearing after I remove the stack.xml file and then restart the SUM without specifying stack.xml

Plz clarify below,

1. Without specify stack.xml during target road map, is it possible to complete SUM upgrade ?

2. Please check the attached processreport.txt file and suggest. Do I have to download it manually of all the mentioned missing packages ? (incase if choose for option 1)

Environment :

Support pack upgrade from SAP Solution manager 7.1 with SP04 to SAP Solution Manager 7.1 with SP11.

Database Mssql 2008 R2

This is a standalone solution manager and not connected to the existing / running solman production server, So through MOPZ I cannot generate the stack.xml for this scenario.

Additional Information from file processoverview.html,

Thanks, Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As the stack file was not created using MOPZ then this could be the problem here.

Warning: The SUM process relies on additional information available in the stack configuration file. This stack configuration file is not recognized as a system stack, therefore it might be rejected later on.

What does the DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE_02.LOG say ?

Create a stack file and start the upgrade with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the sample from DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE 02 LOG.  I have attached the entire log with this message.

I see similar message for many components.

DEFINE-TARGET-SOURCE_02.LOG:

(S:\Media\SPS11\CPRXRPM500_702.SAR)

Nov 4, 2014 11:26:35 PM [Warning]: File S:\Media\SPS11\CPRXRPM500_702.SAR is not a valid SDA or SCA file.

Nov 4, 2014 11:26:35 PM [Warning]: Error while reading component S:\Media\SPS11\CTS_PLUG200. The reason is: The information about the development component found in the manifest is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

attribute keylocation is missing

attribute keyname is missing

attribute keyvendor is missing

attribute keycounter is missing

(S:\Media\SPS11\CTS_PLUG200)

Nov 4, 2014 11:26:35 PM [Warning]: File S:\Media\SPS11\CTS_PLUG200 is not a valid SDA or SCA file.

Nov 4, 2014 11:26:35 PM [Warning]: Error while reading component S:\Media\SPS11\CTS_PLUG200.SAR. The reason is: The information about the development component found in the manifest is either missing or incomplete!

Manifest attributes are missing or have badly formatted value:

attribute keylocation is missing

attribute keyname is missing

attribute keyvendor is missing

attribute keycounter is missing

plz clarify the below points,

1) Generate stack.xml from MOPZ and start the upgrade right ?

2) Select all the versions of components when generating stack.xml file (expecially for ABAP components)

For example,

• SAPKU70102 / KU70102.SAR

• SAPKU70103 / KU70103.SAR

• SAPKU70104 / KU70104.SAR

• SAPKU70105 / KU70105.SAR

• SAPKU70106 / KU70106.SAR

• SAPKU70107 / KU70107.SAR

• SAPKU70108 / KU70108.SAR

• SAPKU70109 / KU70109.SAR

• SAPKU70110 / KU70110.SAR

• SAPKU70111 / KU70111.SAR

Thanks, Ganesh

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Create a stack file using MOPZ and define the target stack and finally start the update using SUM.

Nov 4, 2014 2:31:18 PM [Error ]: The provided Stack file or Directory: S:/Media/SPS11/stack.xml, is not valid.

The stack file you have provided is not valid and you will not be able to continue further.

Reagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan,

Plz clarify,

In general, Is it possible to use the stack.xml file generated from service market place (not from MOPZ) for SUM upgrade ?

Thanks, Ganesh

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ganesh

The issue you have right now is due to the stack file. As far as I know the stack file created using MOPZ is the one to be used. I am not sure whether the one from SMP is recommended or possible to use with the SUM tool. You can raise an OSS for this with SAP and have this clarified.

Reagan

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm in the middle of updating a newly installed SolMan 7.1 SR1 system from sps4 (which is how it comes when first installed with SR1) to sps12 using SUM. I am using the sps12 files, and included stack xml file, that came on the sps12 DVD downloaded along with the rest of the media for installing SolMan, per the recommendation from the installation guide.

Using that stack file, the SUM sps update is working fine. Well, mostly fine, not counting the usual bugginess that SUM always seems to have. The only thing not included was a kernel update, since the default stack for sps12 uses the 7.21 pl201 kernel, which is the same that was installed with SR1/sps4. I plan to update the kernel to pl300 separately (I would have included it, but had already started the process before I figured it out).

Is there a reason you're using sps11 and not sps12? If I were you, I would reset the update, return your new SolMan system to its default condition (restore from backup, if necessary), then download sps12 from the Installations & Upgrades area  (DVD material number 51048401), and the latest version of SUM, and use that. The DVD comes with a stack xml that works with the files included on the DVD, and it also comes with all the files necessary to update all the way from sps4.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Customer is not ready go for SP12,.hence I am updating to SP11 from SP04

Thanks, Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for your comments.

yeah, am going to raise a message with SAP, will update in this thread.

Now in my scenario, I went a head using stack.xml generated from SMP.

Done the below changes,

Cleared the Log file directory

Downloaded all the media (including missing) with fresh stack.xml

Started SUM

configuration phase is running now without any issues.

.Thanks, Ganesh

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This strategy doesn't really make sense to me. Of course, the customer gets what they want, but as the consultant, I think you should advise them that if they are applying any support packs, then they should generally always go for the latest available support pack stack, as it will include fixes to known problems from the earlier stacks. Also, if you look at the Release and Information Notes for the two stacks, you'll see that there are far fewer supplemental Notes that are required to be applied on top of sps12 than there are for sps11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread, as the upgrade completed successfully.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Copy files marked red to usr/sap/trans/EPS/in and repeat the step.

BR,

K.

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah,

There are many files that I have to download.

Am I missing any steps to get the required media. how come so many files are missing here ?

- Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check one of them are existing in usr/sap/trans/EPS/in as shown in attached screen.

BR,

K.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

1st of all, please don't use manually option for updating stack. Generate STACK.xml to update SPS level for any SAP system.

Other thing, The error you have pasted cannot be explained until you check the logs and it's call stack, where the failure has occurred.

Now,  generate the xml file for stack update, remove OLD SUM and it's dir and start with a new SUM + xml file.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

other than MOPZ generated stack.xml file,

I think the stack.xml generated from service market place can be used for upgrade right ?

Is that a issue here ?

what log / directory I have to clean ?.

I have backed up the the below log directory and removed all contents inside it.

E:\usr\sap\<SID>\SUM\sdt\log

Thanks