Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Priority in GATP

vasu_k6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me how to we know  order priority in GATP.

My question is " GATP SHOULD NOT ALLOCATE STOCK TO A LOWER PRIORITY ORDER IF A HIGH PRIORITY ORDER CAN NOT BE FULFILLED"

Please help me out How to check in GATP and how make it in the system.

This is great help for me.

Thanks & Regards,

vasu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

It is the delivery priority field that we usually use to signify the priority of the sales document. You can set the delivery priority of a document in the shipping tab of the sales document. APO understand this information and you will see the information in the DB table /SAPAPO/SHIPPING. So, when you run the BOP if you're sort profile has the delivery priority as one of the dimension to sort the orders, then you will see that higher priority document will be able to get the confirmation first and if there is anything unfulfilled it will be passed on to lower priority document

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

vasu_k6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for your quick replay

I have one question here again

we have the scenario like these,

GATP  should not allocate stock to lower priority order if a high priority order can not be fulfilled

AND when the high priority order has a greater requested quantity than the lower priority orders less requested quantity then supply can fulfill the lower priority order, but not the higher priority order;

Example: High Priority order Riq QTY = 100

But the lowest priority order Req Qty = 30

the available inventory = 50

In this case system should fill the low priority orders instead of high priority orders.

What are all the settings required for these scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu,

In standard GATP (or ATP for this matter), once a sales doc is confirmed, it stays confirmed until someone or something does something to that order to change the confirmation.

So, if yesterday, a 'low priority' customer entered an order, and received a confirmation, then that order will generally stay confirmed.  If today, a 'high priority' customer entered an order for the same material, and there was not enough supply to confirm the new order, due to the confirmation of the old 'low priority' customer, the new order will not be confirmed.

Your business requirement, however, is a common one.  Most companies meet this requirement by running BOP on a regular basis to 'shift' confirmations.  When you run BOP, your re-check a selection of sales orders, using rules that you can configure.  In the above example, you may decide that the 'high priority' customer order should be confirmed, and the low priority customer order should be unconfirmed, even though yesterday you had already confirmed the low-priority customer order.

Expert Babu has suggested a standard solution, which is to run BOP with the sort being "delivery priority".  In this case, you can assign delivery priorities to individual customers (typically in ECC Customer Master).  These priorities can then be used to determine which sales orders get first crack at the supply elements (stock, purchase orders, production orders, etc etc.)

Best Regards,

DB49

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

In this case, you need to design the sort profile to have another dimension "Requested quantity" as first sort sequence and delivery prio as second one. But, if there is less inventory say 10 PCs. In that case how do you want to assign the confirmation ? Do you want to confirm the higher priority order with higher order quantity or lower priority order with less order quantity than that of higher prio order.

Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

vasu_k6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

My requirement, Confirmation should give to lower priority order with less order quantity of available inventory then high priority orders with a more requested QTY of a availability inventory.

Please explain the steps how to do in the system.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Vasu

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

DB,

Should we move supplies b/w orders per their priorities, what happens to Customer orders (with Lower priority) for whom the confirmations were already sent out to the customers? How is that tackled?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andy,

I suggest you raise this question in your own post, rather than muddy the waters of Vasu's post.

Best Regards,

DB49

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Raised it coz I thought it was one of the points that was tied into the topic (in cases where the order delivery/confirmation date was changed)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vasu

The requirement here is not really clear to me. When you say

GATP  should not allocate stock to lower priority order if a high priority order can not be fulfilled

AND when the high priority order has a greater requested quantity than the lower priority orders less requested quantity then supply can fulfill the lower priority order, but not the higher priority order;

Is the comparison between the order quantities of higher and lower priority orders? Or is it between the quantity of the sales order and the available ATP quantity?Because when you say that GATP  should not allocate stock to lower priority order if a high priority order can not be fulfilled - your first example is not consistent with this statement:

Example: High Priority order Riq QTY = 100

But the lowest priority order Req Qty = 30

the available inventory = 50

Here you are confirming a lower priority order even when you are not able to fulfill the high priority order.

Can you fill the below table so that the requirement is clear?

Sr NoATP QtySO1 with Low PrioSO2 with High PrioExpected Result
15030100SO1 to be confirmed fully
2503040???
3507060???
4506070???

Parth Soneji

Answers (0)