cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT based ABAP Transformation for MSSQL source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our current landscape we have MSSQL source replicating to HANA via SLT. However we are unable to add ABAP transformation(Rule Assignment and Table Settings) as LTRS does not recognize the source system table structure. Is it a known issue or we are missing something here?

Are the transformations for non-SAP sources supported?

Regards, Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can press yes. The problem is, that SLT in this version cannot derive the source table structure information. When you press yes, you can add additional fields and fill them later with an transformation rule. This is planned to be fixed within the next version.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

After clicking 'Yes', as shown in the second screenshot, we do not get source table structure. If we want to add transformations to existing table fields,how should we proceed.

Should we add all columns manually in this screen?

Which is the expected SP for DMIS 2011, where you think this will be resolved?We are currently on DMIS2011 SP6.

Regards,

Rahul

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is what I said, you cannot see the structure, but via LTRS you can add new fields manually and you can use transformation rules. For these fields.

Best,

Tobias

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen you responding on a few SCN posts regarding on SLT for non ABAP systems. I have followed all steps : create connection to non SAP system such as MSSQL, configure target schema for HANA, in HANA studio gone to data provisioning, etc.. i am still not able to see the remote tables on my HANA schema.. i did a workaround suggested on an SCN post and added the remote table to the <SCHEMA>.RS_ORDER table and i saw that the structure of my remote table was created on the HANA schema, however, the data was no (has not) been replicated. If I go back to my data provisioning window and i select the source system and target schema i am able to see that the scheduled replication failed but i am not able to see the tables if i click on replicate or load buttons. is there documentation you can share, screen shots, urls, or anything to help replicate the data from MSSQL 2008R2 into HANA SP09 ?

thank you in advance,

Sergio

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

seems that there is a general issues with the configuration, like authorization in the source system...

Can you check the DD* tabeles in HANA if there are entries?

I would suggest to work with LTRC instead of the HANA DATA Prov UI. Do you get any error information there?

Best, Tobias

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your response Tobias... there are no entries in the DD tables in HANA/.

Answers (0)