cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Aggregated planning – same material code for hierarchy header and hierarchy component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

Background:

We have material A move in plant 1000 transport to port Plant 1200, material B from in 2000 transport to Plant 2200, SNP demand is in the 1200 and 2200. Company code 1000 and 2000 is different legal entity.  However the Plant 1200 and Plant 2200 is the same physical location (it is one Port which have the capacity constraint of Load-in and Storage).    

We run SNP optimizer and output will be the stock transfer requisitions and respect the capacity constraint as mentioned in
1200 and 2200. 

We want to introduced SNP aggregated planning,We only need aggregated location and assign the resource to (handling and storage)
that aggregated location.  We do not actually need new product group, since product is independent.

Matloc we create A in 3000 header, B in 3000 header, We create location hierarchy (Location hierarchy: 3000 header – level 2 2200, 1200) , we try to create product hierarchy with Same material code ( level 1 A and B),  Then create the Location/Product hierarchy SNP_LOCPROD the structure type is Generated Hierarchy , And it can’t pick up A 3000 , B 3000 level 1 ,  A 1200, B 2200 Level 2 properly.

It will only work If we create new material code “A header” 3000, “B header” 3000 in level 1, then A 1200, B2200 in level 2.   However we do not want to create what header product since it complicated the supply chain

Does anyone have the experience on this one? For the product/location hierarchy and can we use same material code for Product level 1 and 2. And how ?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have once created a KBA : 1669699 - How to create location product hierarchy.
I think scenario 2 is what you need. You can assign you products to header level only, and create necessary location hierarchy, then generate location/product hierarchy.

BR/Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for quick response , it works ,  love u   You remember we met in Dalian office right ? Cheers James. 

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks James Let me know when you come to Dalian again

Answers (0)