cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate issue, Credit memo or Debit memo will update into VBo2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please help to resolve the below issue.

Issue is : Some invoices( created before Rebate agreement creation) are not updated into VBo2.

Action taken: Did run the t code VBoF but it says list contains no data. Have checked VOFA for the billing doc type for F2 and G2, L2 for all the rebate active button is active along with Sales org and payer master.

some more nformation: Agreement created on 29th Sep 2014, some documents were updated those who have  been created before agreement created and after valid from date of the agreement after running the t code VBoF And please please note all these updated documents are billing document type F2.

My question is the billing type credit memo or debit memo will update into VBo2? serched in google but i got different links which did not help to resolve my issue.

Please let me know if any more inforamtion required?

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

You should look for the answer to this issue in SDBONT06.
If you have an agreement and condition record with a certain validity period.
SDBONT06 will select all invoices for this rebate recipient between that period
from the VBOX table, it will then carry out a new pricing on each billing document
with pricing type 'I'. If it finds no changes then you will see an empty list but the system will
reset the KONP-KSPAE flag on the rebate condition.

Check here in SDBONT06

FORM fakturen_abarbeiten.

LOOP AT vbeln_tab.                   "über alle Fakturen                 >>>>

At this point the system has read VBOX and returned all the valid billing documents to be re-priced.

If your invoices are not in this internal table most likely the VBOX entry does not exist, so you have
to look to changes to the access sequences etc, in this case a VBOX rebuild would be needed
if it is important to correct it.

If the invoice is in this internal table then you have to check your pricing which you can debug from here when your document is processed.

Remember the with rebates it is the services rendered date that is used for the pricing  not the
pricing or billing dates. In most cases you should check the access fields on the condition. If you have fields that are being filled in a user exit they are most likely filled in VF01 but they might not be
filled from SDBONT06 ?.

SAP note 391314 covers this type of issue regarding the document type for example

Hope it helps you find the reason here.

Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

Thank you very much for your promt reply.

You should look for the answer to this issue in SDBONT06

Currently am running VBOF with user id in Production client and me or user does not have access to SE38 to run the program SDBONT06, i think both VBOF or SDBONT06  are having same  functionalityright ?

1. Is there any difference results we get if we run the program instead of SDBONT06 in se38?

Service rendred date is same as billing date which is after  Valid from of Rebate agreement

I have some doubts :

2. Are the billing  documents with billing type G2 or L2 will be updated into VBo2 when rebate field is active in VOFA for the billing types?

3. For examle if the missing invoices are not being updated then is there any option to manually update those accruls values into rebate agreement of the not updated billing documents?

And also please note : have checked VBOX table entry for the missing billing documents( ZF2) it found

NO entry for those documents.

thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi

I hope I can address your doubts

1. Is there any difference results we get if we run the program instead of SDBONT06 in se38?
No same thing, just for debugging it from se38 you get to the source code directly
to set the BP before you run it.

2. Are the billing  documents with billing type G2 or L2 will be updated into VBo2 when rebate
field is active in VOFA for the billing types?

Yes but consider VBOX entries are created, when an invoice is released to accounting.
The system checks the rebate relevance of the sales org, billing type & PAYER.

Sales Organization        - TX OVB1
Billing type              - TX VOFA
Payer  (Billing  View )   - TX VD02

If all 3 are relevant (when the invoice is released to accounting) the VBOX entry is written
If one is NOT set nothing is written to VBOX

3. For example if the missing invoices are not being updated then is there any option to manually
update those accruals values into rebate agreement of the not updated billing documents?

In the old rebate procedure you had to do this because it was not possible to update the
rebate condition into documents created before the agreement. In the new procedure unless the
agreement is up to date. (KONP-KSPAE is ' ') you will not be able to settle agreement.
If the agreement is up to date, you can post manual accruals (VBo2 > extras > manual accrual)
but I guess you should really find out why the new pricing in SDBONT06 does not update the condition in the invoice in this case. Also the final settlement figure would be wrong I guess if it did not include this invoice you are referring to. I am not sure if the VBOX entries are present or missing in your example but if they are missing and you need to include them in an agreement, the only way will be to update VBOX. This is not something to be taken on lightly as it can be a long process depending on your system volumes. It is done with transaction OVB3 (RV15B001) if required.

Hope it helps
Kind regards
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Brain for your reply. Really learned many things from your posts.

Also the final settlement figure would be wrong I guess if it did not include this invoice you are referring to.

Are you referring the below? if so

then yes even i asked the business user why it was Zer0 % then i did not get any proper reply and even i did not worry because later if they want they can edit the agreement for this value and also i thought this % does not make any impact for NOT updating the invoices hence even i did not comment more on this.

Based on my given information and apart from your already given advice do you think any thing more i need to check?

And also will go through your given note and given inputs once again and will update you .

Last question :

Can i run the program SDBONT06 in Production client using Sentinel access( special access is given to Production when emergency requirement comes).

And Can ABAPer debug this program in Production client? usually any standard program in Production client usually ABAP'ers hesitate to debug.

thanks,

Message was edited by: surya prakash

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I meant the settlement will be wrong because of the sense that the billing documents you are referring to would not be included. I think we have covered all the points for this and confirmation of the root cause can be found when you run SDBONT06.

There is no issue debugging in a production system and definitely no issue with SDBONT06 because your ABAP programmer can run it in test mode and see the exact same for his analysis as they would in update mode.

All the best
Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the above some more additional inforamtion.

Apart from the above one more billing document (with billing type F2 ) also not updated into rebate agreement even though the billing was created after Valid from date;

Please help to resolve the issue. Have run the t code VBoF by removing the test run but still gives the same results " List contains no data"

thanks,