Did you mean: 

File Overwriting in File Receiver Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an IDoc to File scenario.

My file receiver communication channel has the following parameters :

- File name scheme = %timestamp%_AOBSD4RL.MES

(I'm using variable substition and the variable "timestamp" is initialized at mapping time with the current time in format yyyyMMddHHmmss).

- File Construction Mode = Create

- Option "Overwrite Existing File" not activated

When two inbound messages result in the same target file name, the second one overwrites the first one although the "Overwirte Existing File" setting is not active in the receiver channel. Is this a bug in XI ? (I'm on 7.00 SP11)

And is it possible to say to the receiver channel to process only 1 message per second so there will no more target file with same name ?

Thanks in advance,

Laurence

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurence,

There is no such facility with Receiver File Adapter to process single message in one step.

I want to suggest you a may possible way to overcome( it's just an idea), though I never worked with them I think it will work.

As you the file name is assigned to message with timestamp at receiver communication channel step you can schedule the outbound queue in such a way that it will transfer the message in delay.

Try to investigate further more, But i m not sure that Queue Scheduling is supported by SP11 or not.

Regards,

Shri

• Reward point if it helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response

Your solution does not ensure that a receiver communication channel can not send two files at the same second. If the sender communication channel receives them at a specified delay, the two processes can take different time.

About the receiver communication channel... why don't I receive an error if a file overwrite an existing file ? The option "Overwrite Existing File" is however checked...

Thanks in advance,

Laurence