cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect tables transport - target system damages field types!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two 4.7 R/3 systems connected via common transport directory and domain link. One system has SAP Basis SAPKB62041 hot package installed, another system has SAPKB62060.

After client import form one system to another I' ve seen some error messages in the import log, similar to

"Table T50BF is not in nametab"

"Table T50BG is not in nametab"... and so on.

I found that this tables exist in the target system, however, types of some fields is incorrect - for example, the field PBREAK_BEFORE in the source system has CHAR type, but in the target system this field has no type at all...

I tried to transport this table manually, but looking at the transport request in the target system (via STMS), i found that definition of the table contains the same errors.

Looks like tp or R3trans or STMS on the target system cannot correctly read some transport requests!

Are there another way to transfer tables form one system to another?

Thank you very much!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem transporting missed data elements and domains, without manual table editing!

My systems have different Basis packages - the source system has SAPKB62041, the target - SAPKB62060.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happened to one of my project..

We need to check the patch release at any point of time..

Due to difference in table or table-fields structure, the entries in the target table also can get deleted..

Short term solution ---> Either change the table-field definition in the target system manually or enter the entries in the table of the target system manually..

Regards

Madhu

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Does this happen if both have the SAME SAP Basis Release ?

Somehow I believe that we need to ensure if the transport is ok with respect to the release dependancies.

SAP Note:

41046 Table "XXX" does not exist in NTAB during import

regards,

Vincent