Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposing web-services through SAP PI

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following scenario and i need your advice on the design.

The project is to expose a few BAPIs in ECC as webservices through SAP PI.

These web-services will be used to design UI screens in a portal.

Now, my question is regarding SAP Logon.

The requirement is that once the user log's into the portal, he/she should not be prompted to enter the user id and password each time he/she to access the various web-services.

e.g

1) user logs in.

2) Clicks get-data web service. ( no prompt for user id pwd).

3) Clicks update-data web service ( no prompt for user id pwd)

How to be handle this scenario?

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The first time the user logs in, can you not just store the username/password in the portal and then just add it whenever the portal calls the webservice? The user doesn't have to be prompted.

Regards

Mark

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You could Axis adapter to achieve this. Check "Clue No.6. The Web Service should be callable anonymously" in the below blog by  Former Member

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i understand correctly, you want to disable the soap sender authentication for the requests coming through portal?

There is an option to disable the authentication at the adapter level but not at the channel level.

Having said that, can you confirm how are you consuming the PI services in Portal?

If it is custom development object(I assume it is) then you might want to check the possibility of adding credentials as http header while calling PI web service. You can use any generic user for all your web-service calls.

I personally tried this to call a JSP(which requires logon credentials) from Portal and i developed an abstract portal component to pass these details as part of the http header.

These options are also addressed in the below blog -