cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SAP screen personas be used on SAP BW, for transactions like rsa1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in SAP BW development. For me its very tiring to go through multiple screens for Data modelling and Data display as I do it on daily basis. I did training on SAP Screen Personas. So wanted to know if it can be implemented for my module?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The general rule is that if it works in webgui it should work in Personas. Some parts of RSA1 only work in the Windows GUI so I don't think you'll have much success personalizing it with Personas. I've just tried it and some bits work, and some don't.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't want to convert everything on Personas. However the daily basis work like data loading into infoproviders and data display part i wanted to do from a single screen. Is that possible? Currently my work doesn't involve ECC but even for flat file loading I have to jump from one screen to another so I thought may be I can use SAP Personas for this as it worked perfectly for transactions like VA03, Va01n, Va05.

And one more doubt i have is even if it doesn't work properly on SAP BW, will there be any issue if I get it installed on the server I am working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you install it, try the simple test of running what you need to do in webgui. If it doesn't work there it won't in personas. If it does, install personas and give it a go.

Installing personas shouldn't affect anything, but you may have to upgrade the kernel get personas support. Again, that shouldn't affect you but best to do some testing...

Steve.

Answers (0)