cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Adapter via Proxy Server Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to have a configuration in JDBC Adapter to connect outside DMZ via a proxy server? Assuming that you're PI/PO infrastructure is within a firewall and the only way to connect services outside is through a proxy server.

Cheers,

R-jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this topic.

Instead of proxy we asked the vendor to do VPN (with their server) to client's network.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quick question. Why dont you install a J2SE adapter in the DMZ? Then PI talks to J2SE and J2SE talks to your database?

Just a though.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannus,

Thanks for the suggestion. We're already looking onto that alternative (if what you're saying is install a AEX-DAE)), but currently we're looking for the same approach without additional installation.

Btw, we're using PO 7.4. On other hand, the current infrastructure is designed that the PO is not seen by external systems (that is why we have proxy on DMZ). If by using an AEX-DAE approach, the concept of ICO is quite a challenge. From what I've understood, adapters (sender, receiver) used are should be on the same engine, meaning..If I'm going to use DAE for external JDBC connection, I will be using an adapter let's say IDoc_AAE on the DAE and that engine should have a separate connection connecting directly to SAP which contradicts the design of having PO not seen outside).

Cheers,

R-jay