cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification for blocked queue in Adapter Engine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

Is there a way of receiving a notification when the EOIO queue in the Adapter Engine gets blocked?

My problem is that sometimes I get a failed message, which I can restart or cancel from sxmb_moni. But sometimes a failed message can yield in blocking the queue in Adapter Engine. And I don't want to check each time I get an erroneous message if the queue is block.

Thank you in advance,

Ion

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ioan

AFAIK, the standard alert framework in PI will only send notification for failed messages.

For blocked queues, the messages are not in fail state, so it won't generate any alerts.

If you are on dual stack, you can consider requesting Basis to set up CCMS with PI specific template. This can be used to monitor Java components such as AE backlogs, etc. Refer to my replies in the following threads.

Delayed Async Proxy Message - queue problem

Messages with Delivering/TBD/Waiting status in RWB

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lon,

There is no standard way to configure alerts from EOIO Queues, from adapter engine you can only be able to configure if there is any error from Message monitoring and if there is any error in the comm channel.

please check the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/people/shweta.walaskar2/blog/2011/05/12/trigger-alerts-for-messages-in-to-be-deli...

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no standard way of getting notified if EOIO messages are stuck or not. Either u monitor those or setup a custom solution for that -

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you configure the alerts, you should receive notification whenever a messages fails in adapter engine.