cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use ECC validations for MDG?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create validations for a proof of concept.

What I wanted to know, instead of using BRF+ and its rules, how can we use the existing validations of ECC 6.0 in MDG-M? Any link to a tutorial or T-code will be highly helpful. All the places I have searched have not provided with a  solution.

Hoping for the best,

Regards,

Vinayak Aggarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most ECC validations are already in place and active be default. In fact, if you don't want them, you can disable them. They are referred to as: "reuse area checks" or "reuse area validations" and are implemented in the check method of the access class.

0 Kudos

I guess this is for standard MDG data models, but for custom MDG data model ( in flex mode), will the existing ECC validations already be in place as I am not using the access class?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak

Flex mode means active data still remains in MDG tables only (Even after final approval). Only after data replication it moves to ECC database tables.So use of existing ECC validation in case of flex mode is not possible for tractional data (For customization data it is possble using check table)

0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

If we consider the customized data, how do we proceed with it? How are the existing ecc validations can be used via check tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check tables are already assigned to data element which inturn assigned to MDG attributes.

So if no customization value is maintained in check table MDG throws error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For custom data models, you need to build them. MDG offers you a few places where you can do that. First, you have the "required" flag when defining custom fields. Second, you have BRF+ validations. Third, you have the ability to implement a BAdI in which you can enforce any custom validations. Anther method is to implement an enrichment spot in which you can perform validations.

Should you decide to implement your custom model in a "reuse mode", then, you can implement your validations in the access class.

0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have my custom data model built. I am not using reuse mode, but the flex mode.

I know about the brf+ and its rules and its validations.

1. What do you mean by 'you have the "required" flag when defining custom fields' ??

2. The thing is that I will use brf+ only, but I want to use the logic which sap has given for its validations.. That is why I am asking how can i see that logic.where is it written..? I suppose access class (reuse mode) has something to do with it. can you help me in that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

I think you are asking how the native ECC validations will be used for a flex data model. If you want to use them for  flex mode,  then you have to do it through BADI's (for both single and cross entity validations) or BRF+ can also be used ( but just for single entity validations). The BADI name for which you will have to create implementation is USMD_RULE_SERVICE and USMD_RULE_SERVICE_CROSS_ET.

I hope this was the answer you were looking for.

Answers (0)