SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RATE not determined in RATE DETERMINATION also getting fetched.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ISU Gurus ,

I have an Installation say INS1 with Rate Category XYZ and to this Installation 4 Devices are connected Each with Individual Rate types ( Say ABC1 , ABC2 , ABC3 , ABC4 ).

Now Rate Determination is maintained for the above Rate Category + Rate types combinations i.e

XYZ + ABC1 = RATE1

XYZ + ABC2 = RATE2

XYZ + ABC3 = RATE3

XYZ + ABC4 = RATE4

Now  a Billing Schema is defined say BLLSCHM which contains of the above Rates i.e RATE1 , RATE2 , RATE3 , RATE4 and also RATE5 ,

Now for RATE5 No Rate Determination combination is available in this particular Installation , though this installation INS1 refers to Rate Category XYZ and XYZ indeed refers to Billing Schema BLLSCHM which contains RATE5.

Now my question is whenever I am doing Billing , the Billing Document generated contains Line Items generated due to RATE5 also , how is this possible ? reason being No Rate Determination is maintained for RATE5.

Please help me getting clarified with the same.

Thanks ,

Sijin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the answer.

Mere coincidence , just went down the hierarchy of Billing Cycle and got the answer in Rate Types definition.

Please refer the screenshot

If that highlighted Checkbox is ticked for a Rate Type and the "R" checkbox is kept unchecked then that Rate Type + Rate Category combination will be determined even though a Device with that Rate Type haven't been maintained in the Installation.

Doing F1 with these 2 Checkboxes will clarify everything

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the answer.

Mere coincidence , just went down the hierarchy of Billing Cycle and got the answer in Rate Types definition.

Please refer the screenshot

If that highlighted Checkbox is ticked for a Rate Type and the "R" checkbox is kept unchecked then that Rate Type + Rate Category combination will be determined even though a Device with that Rate Type haven't been maintained in the Installation.

Doing F1 with these 2 Checkboxes will clarify everything