cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing by postal code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

I have a pricing requirement that requires to charge Manhattan (New York - US) clients with a specific pricing. I maintained a condition record/access by postal code with the 5 digit zip code. However, i realized there are very large numbers 9-digit zip codes (which is the traditional 5 digit zip + 4 digits to add specificity) which are virtually un-maintainable, there are thousands of them and they are constantly being created. Is there a way to deal with this situation? How do I drive my pricing for Manhattan postal codes (New York) only?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any other fields (like Region/City) in customer master record to differentiate the Manhattan customers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can change the country specific setting in OY17 for US for postal code with length 9 or 10.

Hope this will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, thats not the issue, Us postal code length is already 10, and I can maintained them. The problem is far too many zip codes, which are virtually un-maintainable, there are thousands of them and they are constantly being created, so the issue is how do I target Manhattan clients only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

But anyways you have to use postal code for your Manhattan (New York - US) clients, so you have to maintain the condition records for them only, not for whole US.

Are you creating condition records automatically?

For all other customers i.e. non Manhattan (New York - US), don't use postal code in your condition table of access sequence.

So create two tables, one with Postal code and other without. Maintain the first table only for Manhattan (New York - US) clients and other for remaining.