cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Priv System name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect my IdM 7.2 SP8 to an Active directoryD, I made a mistake when creating and doing initial load, So my AD connector name is Z_AD but in the connector's properties I put : PRIV:SYSTEM_ZADS so I am talking about the 2 systems privilieges:

priv:$repName:only  and priv:system:$repName          -->      priv:Z_AD:only and priv:system:ZADS    

By sql query I can see:  the both priv system.

What the best and secure method to make this change name?

Thanks,

Nina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

easiest would be deleting the privilege and recreating it again with Initial Load (all the extra passes disabled).

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

I will try this, but what would happen if the these privileges were already assigned to users?

Thanks,

Nina

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, if there are assignments it might be easier to change the mskeyvalue with uis_setValue-function.

You need a small provisioning task that has toGeneric-pass, create an entry script that calls the uis_setValue for the given mskey, something like this:

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

I will implement this and keep you updated,

Regards,

Nina

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nina,

there's even an easier way; just locate the privilege in MMC / Your Id Store / Metadata / Privileges and change the name there:

(Had a "blonde moment" and I didn't remember this as I've usually have had the requirement to change the MSKEYVALUE in IdM UI/in config.)

regards, Tero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tero,

I see this, but if I change for example: PRIV:SYSTEM:ZADS(wrong one)    to   PRIV:SYSTEM:Z_AD (correct one), what should I take in account (any prerequisites(modification strategy?)

Because currently, users are assigned the wrong one: PRIV:SYSTEM:ZADS

Nina