Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_SWITCH/EU_SWITCH using SUM SP11 PL7

former_member551676
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could give some inputs or recommendation.

I faced this problem during SPS patching at 5.5 Execution phase.

I am aware of snote 381518 - DB6: DB error - 750 in the upgrade during conversion
                     snote 2083179 - Problems Ignoring Phases in SUM SP11 PL7

Regarding snote 381518
I have performed the following SQL during the time of error ( execution )

db2 "select viewname from syscat.viewdep where viewschema ='SAPXIP' and bname ='DD03L' //  returns 0 records

db2 "select viewname from syscat.viewdep where viewschema ='SAPTOOLS' and bname ='DD03L' //  returns 1 record, didnt do anything with this

i have also search for triggers via SQL, there are no triggers via db2lookup command. I did drop a constraint primary key from table DD03L but error still persist.

Regarding snote 2083179
I have actually SKIP this error MAIN_SWITCH/EU_SWITCH on my first attempt of patching and hence it went to a fatal error and I had to reset the SUM, restore. I will be doing my second attempt soon and will face this MAIN_SWITCH/EU_SWITCH error again?

The problem i faced is

Severe error(s) occurred in phase MAIN_SWITCH/EU_SWITCH!

Last error code set: Non single errors (code &gt; 😎 found in logfile 'EUSWITCH.ELG'<br/> 2 error during parallel execution of processes, check 'EUSWITCH.ELG' for details<br/> 4 processes failed, check 'SQLSTMTSTD.*' for details

E RROR: Detected the following errors:

# /usr/sap/XIP/SUM/abap/log/EU_SWITCH06.XUT: 3 ETQ398 SQL: RENAME "D344L" TO "D344L~~OLD" 3 ETQ398 SQL: RENAME "DBDIFF" TO "DBDIFF~~OLD" 3 ETQ398 SQL: RENAME "DD03L" TO "DD03L~~OLD" 1 ETQ000 ================================================== 4 ETQ010 Date & Time: 20141025034810 1EETQ008 Error message: DBSL error 99 (db code -750): SQL0750N The source table cannot be renamed because it is referenced in a view, materialized query table, trigger, SQL function, SQL method, check constraint, referential constraint, or XSR object. SQLSTATE=42986 1EETQ003 exit code: "12"EUSWITCH.ELG

Tool used - SUM SP11 PL7

DB version -DB2 v9.5.0.10

Attached are more related logs files, namely

SUM/abap/log/EUSWITCH.ELG

SUM/abap/log/SQLSTMTSTD.001

SUM/abap/log/U_SWITCH02.XUT

Summary
I believe this error DBSL error 99 (db code -750): SQL0750N  is the culprit of the SUM error

perhaps there there was other table beside DD03L were affected ?

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could give some inputs or recommendation.

Best regards,
Alex Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member551676
Participant
0 Kudos

I got some new insights from the db2 perspective

There is a view DBH_TABCLASS that is tied to table DD03L but the tabschema is under 'SAPTOOLS', normally a table/view would be tied under schema 'SAP<SID>'

Is this view created from SUM ? Can i safely drop this view before starting the SUM again ?

bash-3.2$ db2 "select owner, tabschema, tabname, create_time from syscat.tables where type = 'V' and tabname = 'DBH_TABCLASS'"

OWNER           TABSCHEMA        TABNAME         CREATE_TIME

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DB2XIP          SAPTOOLS         DBH_TABCLASS    2011-08-15-17.04.06.804597

1 record(s) selected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

db2 "select text from syscat.views where viewschema = 'SAPTOOLS' and viewname = 'DBH_TABCLASS'"

TEXT

--------

CREATE VIEW SAPTOOLS.DBH_TABCLASS AS    SELECT SYSCAT.TABLES.TABSCHEMA,           SYSCAT.TABLES.TABNAME,           CASE WHEN DDIC.TABCLASS IS NOT NULL                THEN DDIC.TABCLASS                ELSE 'TRANSP'           END AS TABCLASS    FROM   SYSCAT.TABLES LEFT JOIN           ( SELECT  'SAPXIP' AS TABSCHEMA,                     DDIC_TABCLASS.TABNAME,                     CASE WHEN CLUSTER_LIKE.TABCLASS IS NOT NULL                          THEN CLUSTER_LIKE.TABCLASS                          ELSE DDIC_TABCLASS.TABCLASS                     END AS TABCLASS             FROM   ( SELECT TABNAME, TABCLASS                      FROM   SAPXIP.DD02L                      WHERE  AS4LOCAL = 'A' ) AS DDIC_TABCLASS                    LEFT JOIN                    ( SELECT TABNAME, 'CLUSTER' AS TABCLASS                      FROM   SAPXIP.DD03L                      WHERE  FIELDNAME = 'CLUSTD' AND AS4LOCAL = 'A' ) AS CLUSTER_LIKE                    ON DDIC_TABCLASS.TABNAME = CLUSTER_LIKE.TABNAME ) AS DDIC             ON SYSCAT.TABLES.TABSCHEMA = DDIC.TABSCHEMA AND                SYSCAT.TABLES.TABNAME   = DDIC.TABNAME                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

1 record(s) selected.

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

In regards to view DBH_TABCLASS, did you get the chance to talk to my db2 colleagues?  You can refer to SNote 1382634 - DB6: Unable to create view 'SAPTOOLS.DBH_TABCLASS'.  The Database Monitors for DB2 Universal Database colleagues will be able to provide more information for you and let you know rather this is safe to remove this view.

Best regards,

James Wong

former_member551676
Participant
0 Kudos

I hit the same error on another server.

I drop the view DBH_TABCLASS and managed to proceed.

Solved

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member551676
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks guys, will perform the patching in a week time and revert my outcome.

hopefully no error

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Good Luck Alex!  Please feel free to reach out to us again here or post a new posting and we will love to assist you further.

Have a GREAT weekend.

Best regards,

James Wong

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your question with us.  I have looked into the error log provided and it seems to be an issue related to DB6.  I would recommended you download the latest SUM tool and perform the test again to prevent error that have already identified in SUM SP11 PL7.

You can refer to below blog for more information:
[IMPORTANT INFO] Problem Ignoring Phases in SUM SP11 PL7:
http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/software-logistics/blog/2014/10/24/important-info-pro...

If issue still persist after you upgrade to the latest SUM version, please post this issue in SCN forum for DB6.  One of the forum moderator will be happy to assist you further.

Here is the link to the forum:
http://scn.sap.com/community/db2-for-linux-unix-windows/content?filterID=contentstatus%5bpublished%5...

If you come across further issue during System upgrade/update, please feel free to post your question in this SCN forum and we will be happy to assist you further.

Have a GREAT day!

Best regards,
James Wong

former_member551676
Participant
0 Kudos

hi James Wong,

Thank for your input on using PL8  but I actually plan to use SUM SP11 PL6 as i didnt face this problem for Quality server using PL6

Do you happen to know if PL6 suffers from this issue ( snote 2083179 - Problems Ignoring Phases in SUM SP11 PL7 ) ?

Best regards
Alex

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thank you for getting back to us.  In regards to your latest question on SUM SP11 PL6, we don't have similar problem (Problems Ignoring Phases in SUM SP11 PL7) identified with this SUM version.  But we do recommend to download the latest SUM tools from Service MarketPlace to prevent others issues that have already identified and got fixed.

Hope this help answer your question.

For more information on System Upgrade & Update, please also take a look in our SCN Wiki page. 

Link to SCN System Upgrade & Update Wiki Page

Best regards,

James Wong

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

In general I would agree with James to always use the latest version of SUM (or whatever tool), but if you are already in the middle of an update and have successfully updated DEV and QAS systems (for example) with a particular version of the SUM tool, I wouldn't change anything with the PRD update. I would use exactly the same tool (and settings) that worked in QAS. Don't switch horses mid-stream, as they say.

Regards,

Matt