cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have been working on a project where i have been asked to do the below requirement.

I am struck up with one requirement,Need your help on this.

Previous procedure which the client is following is that ,There are having IBOLT system,Using that they are connecting to SAP and Database.

They are writing procedures in IBOLT and running the procedures,Then immediatley this application runs and picks the data from SAP and insert in the database.

In this requirement they are not touching either SAP or Database.They are running all the procedures in IBOLT only.

But now the requirment is that ,they want PI also to do the same.They just want to remove IBOLT and replace it with PI.

Now can we create any backround jobs in PI and do the same.So that PI needs to initiate the ECC and needs to get the data .

Please share me any documents related to the functionality of PI.

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

You can use to connect with SAP RFC adapter or a Proxy via XI adapter or SOAP adapter.

For connecting with database you can use the JDBC adapter:

-

You can get a lot of step by step scenarios if you use the SCN search or google Search: Redirecting...

But i recommend you to read a good introduction to the PI world in this document: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41766 and you can answer yourself a lot of questions.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

you mentioned IBOLT procedure will pick the data from sap and put in the database. what database is this? is this a separate system?

Cheers

Hidayat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hidayat,

IBOLT application is inserting data in to oracle database.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

what data is being extracted from SAP?

you could trigger from SAP and send to database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

They are using BAPI'S for this integration.Once if they run the job in the IBOLT application it automatically goes to SAP and runs the BAPI collect some records and then it inserts in to the oracle database.

This is the actual procedure which they are following.

Is it possible to keep a trigger point using PI.So that it needs to run the program in ECC and fetch data and needs to insert in to the database.

Canyou please share me any documents related to PI functionality.

Regrads

Prakash