cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompt Answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a prompt created on the universe. When the prompt pops-up to Lumira, I cannot find a way to retrieve the List of Values of to manually enter the value. Refresh buttons of find do nothing. The same prompt is used on Webi reports and works fine

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how you defined the prompt in the Universe, if using the @Prompt function, then i can help by telling you how to set the right LOV in the function parameters.

Hope that can help...

Taha M. Mahmoud, PMP, ITIL, TOGAF, CSM
Senior BI consultant
EJADA Systems Company Limited

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1782170901/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASI...

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher As per my note to you on the other posts... Advertising, emails, etc. are not acceptable on SCN. Please do see the rules of engagement: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18590

Former Member
0 Kudos

The prompt is defined with sql. I do not use @Prompt. The prompt pops while I ask measures from the fact table, asking for the year

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that @Prompt() function will be better in this situation. check if the following link might help

Business Objects: @prompt:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes using @ Prompt works properly. I think that Lumira cannot retrive LOV using SQL

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimtrios.

Can you please help me understand how you fixed the issue?

I am facing the same. I have a variable defined in my HANA view that is also pulled to the universe.

Please have a look at the SQL in universe.. it already has the @Prompt but still i don't see the LOV in lumira

SELECT

Table__1."EMP_HIER_NM"

FROM

"_SYS_BIC"."ZDEV_PACK.ZEMP_PK/ZCA_PAYROLL"

('PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$ZDEPT$$', @Prompt(Hana Variable ZDEV_PACK.ZEMP_PK/ZCA_PAYROLL/ZDEPT)))

Table__1

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

strange one... 

what kind of universe is this?  .UNV or .UNX

if UNX, how is the prompt created in the business layer? (there are several different types/syntax)

also, do you have the change to retest using latest Lumira SP20 ?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its unx. Yestearday I updated Lumira to 1.20

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how do you define you List of Values for the parameter? (query, sql, static, file, syntax etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I define the LOV using SQL. Its a simple select

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found that for prompt created on IDT, and having as LOV one dimension, Lumira retrieves the LOV. I guess the problem is that cannot work with LOVs created by SQL

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Good catch, i'm not sure if this is a 'by design' limitation or not.

I'll need to discuss with dev, or are you able to log a ticket to support? component BI-LUM-DSK

regards,

H