cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no SI (service interface) for the receiver side??

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I was going through the folllowing link:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/WebService2RFC/page2.htm

Although I have tried to create the ESR and ID part exactly as it's in the scenerio but I couldnt understand why we havent created 2SI ..?

does it happens with every RFC scenerio?

secondly, I know between proxy and Rfc .proxy is preferred but why..?

Thanks in advance ...!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nunu,

When you import the RFC in ESR, RFC itself will act as Message Type and Service Interface like IDOCs...

We don't need to create MT and SI for RFCs...

Proxy Vs RFC..

It depends on the use case. If you have RFC available you can just Import it ESR and Use it (most common usage is while performing RFC lookups from PI mapping whr u dev ur RFC module)

With Proxies, you can write your own ABAP code and logic for processing the data...(for posting entire data into SAP system) also SAP has given Standard Proxies wit ABAP Code with the Pre-Delivered SAP Standard Content (eg: SRM, CRM..) which you can leverage in SRM-SUS, CRM integration projects.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Azhar

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not create SI for IDOC or RFC as the imported objects themselves are interfaces.

The differences you can understand from the following:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e7ae66-be6d-2a10-d385-92e6e67de...

Suman

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

But in Rfc , i couldnt make out..where exactly we specify the direction ..
?

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Direction is handled in RFC coding in ABAP.

If its RFC outbound synchronous scenario,you can assume to have request as outbound and response as inbound. It may not be technical definition,but for your understanding you can assume.

The directions mainly maintained as import or export parameters in RFC structure in SAP system.

Suman

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

Thanks...!!