cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Basis : Error During downloading note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want your help. During Note (91488) downloading time this error showing "Error in remote connection to destination SAPOSS: Error when opening an RFC connection (LB: Hostname or service of the message server unknown#DEST =SA"

And also i am try to upload the note from manually. At the time this error coming "SAP Note does not contain valid correction instruction"

Please give me support for me

Regards,

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

- Check if rfc SAPOSS is working fine

- Check if sap router is up and running fine.

- Check the technical setting in transaction OSS1 is correctly maintained.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The problem is now sap router (old router) migrated into new machine.

If you going to SM59 check connection it will shows the Hostname is invalid. But Hostname is correct one

Regards,

Saravanan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

If you have migrated your saprouter and the hostname is changed, you need to register the new hostname with SAP.

If the new hostname is registered, you need to try and connect via OSS1 to see if its working.

You can also check the RFC, the user is saposs and password is CPIC. See if its pointing to the right sap url.

If you are uploading the note and it says the note has invalid correction then check if that Note is applicable for your system version.

AC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the OSS1 technical settings and  Routtab file entries.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the host files are maintained.

Check if the ports are enabled from the newly migrated server to the system.

Then check OSS1 transaction for technical settings

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you going to SM59 check SAPOSS connection it will shows the Hostname is invalid. But Hostname is correct one.

Regards,

Saravanan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan

Have you configure the your system in transaction code OSS1 kindly refer the SAP Note

33135 - Guide for OSS1

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S Sriram,

It's very helpful for me that note. but problem is while checking the SAPOSS connection in sm59 it shows the Host name is invalid. But hostname is correct one. what is the problem..?

Regards,

Saravanan

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana

Your SAP Router IP or Host name & SAP Router host is correct in transaction code OSS1?

then your SAPOSS connection in SM59 will work fine

BR

SS

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hostname or service of the message server unknown

Well, if the hostname is correct its not been recognized by the DNS... you can maintain the hosts file with the IP and name of the saprouter host and try again.

This is plain basic.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

After router migration have you done following steps:

1. Register IP (Public) and SAP Router Hostname with SAP

Get Public IP address fconfigured to your local SAP Router IP address through network team.

You may check the folowing link..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c06c8846-c160-2d10-d18e-d9961e9c7...