cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31 Single handling of error messages due to data or mapping issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As part of support activity we have configured Component Based Message Alerting and for each alert are having ticket created automatically.

Basis has configured restart batch job with max restart integer = 3.

When message fails with mapping or data related error then also restart job retries to resend the messages from error queue.

This is causing duplicate alerts for same failure which is again a overhead.

Is there any recommended way to handle the messages failed with mapping error or data error because we know even if that message will be restarted by restart job, it will fail again.

One option is to manually cancel such messages from error queue. Is there any automated way to handle this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank everyone.

Based on above discussion one way is to reduce the Max restart integer value to stop multiple alerts.

Gaurav,

I have verified the Alert Consumer Job and it has Suppress Alerts enabled already. But there is nothing configured for AlertsToMailLimit. Can you please explain what exactly this will do?

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It just determines how many messages can be merged into one alert email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try setting these parameters in the job definition :

Thanks

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

For cancelling messages on Java engine ( ones that you see on RWB )

1. There is no standard program which would allow you to cancel the messages here

2. you can only set a maxim retry interval...i.e how many times a meesage in error should be retried foe sending...this setting can be done in transaction sxmb_adm....there is a parameter called IS_RETRY for this..

For cancelling the messages on ABAP engine ( ones that you see in MONI)

1. You can cancel them using the report rsxmb_cancel_messages ...but  dont use this report independently...

coz there are some chances ..due to which you are getting a message in error in moni ..but the message is restartable......then if you directly cancel it , it is not correct

2. you cna club the above report with rsxmb_restart_messages...i.e you can create a job sequence where 1 step would be scheduling thee program rsxmb_restart_messages and then the ones that are not restarted properly ...yu can cancle using the second step in the sequence ....i.e rsxmb_cancel_messages

Also check the blog which Nabendu has provided would be very helpful for you...

Thanks,

Naveen.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

You wont be able to exclude messages depending on its error type from Restart queue. If you dont want multiple alerts for the same message, change MAX-RESTART value.

Regards,

Nabendu.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika,

AFAIK - there is no configuration available to avoid restart of mapping error due to job.

refer the discussion -

regards,

Harish