cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Enforce No authentication for HTML5 app in HCP ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a HTML5 app & deployed in HCP. Though i have specified "authenticationMethod":"none" in neo-app.json, still SSO is propogated on running my application. Is there a different way to have no authentication for the HTML5 app ?  should this have worked in the first place ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

It's done as part of the Application Descriptor File neo-app.json :

SAP HANA Help: HTML5 Application Descriptor File

What you are probably looking for is

"authenticationMethod": "none"

For reference:

SAP HANA Help: authenticationMethod

Keep in mind you may need to review your securityConstraints configuration as well.

Cheers,

Shawn

sascha_scholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

another reason why authentication is triggered could be that you don't access the active version of the application, but a non-active version based on a commit, which is only allowed for account members. To make sure that this isn't the case you can add hc_reset as query parameter to the request.

Sascha

steve_blum
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthviel,

there is a way to enable unauthenticated access to SAPUI5 Apps.

This is one of the steps I described here:

Check out  the part "Anonymous access to SAPUI5 application".

Hope it helps 🙂

Edit: For this method of course, you need to use the XS development.

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I'm not worried about anonymous access to Hana Backend to access data. Just wanted the HTML5 app to have no authentication. In fact my app doesnt use any odata. The blog you referred is about Hana XS application & not HTML5 application

Regards

Sakthivel

steve_blum
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthivel,

this part ("Anonymous access to SAPUI5 application") of the document is not about OData or backend access. It is purely about Frontend, so you can apply what I wrote. What I meant in my last post is: I used the XS development in HCP to develop my UI5 App. There is also another way of deploying such an app (Tab "HTML5 Applications" in HCP Cockpit) but I'm not sure if it is possible to disable authentication there.

Regards,

Steve

alixpel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve 🙂

I was going to look at your blog post but it was moved or deleted ... Is it located somewhere ?

Kind regards,

Alix.

steve_blum
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alix,

yes that has been moved since. You can find the blog post here: SAPUI5, ODATA and anonymous database access in the HCP: How to do it That being said, I am not sure whether what I wrote back then (7 years ago) still applies. It's definitely specific to SAP BTP, Neo Environment.

Best Regards, Steve