Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination of time characteristic values inconsistent

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

i know this is a most talked about topic. I have encountered the following error while trying to load the data from our sales order history infocube to planning area.

Combination of time characteristic values inconsistent: 201622

can anyone please throw some pointers as to where i need to start looking what the actual issue is. This looks like more like data issue.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check the logic implemented in BW side to calculate 0calmonth and 0calweek. There might be issue with 0calmonth and 0calweek calculation.

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

I have asked our BW resource and they do not have any logic implemented in BW side.This issue is getting mysterious day by day and unable to be resolved

Thanks

Ravi

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

HI gurus,

one more thing that i discovered is as follows. I got the correlation calendar for calendar week and weekly dates of our fiscal periods. our week always starts on a sunday and ends on a saturday,

I used the function module DATE_GET_WEEK to see what APO comes back with week number if i were to give it a date.

So i gave the date of 12/27/2015 and it gives me back that it is week 201552 (52nd week of calendar year 2015) but our production scheduler and everybody else say that 12/27/2015 has to be the 1 calendar week of 2016. So can someone please guide me as to where do i see this correlation in APO between the calendar date and which week it falls and i noticed that this anomaly is causing the error about time characteristic values inconsistent.

So is there a place anywhere in config in APO, where i can see what dates fall under which week. for example this is how year 2016 is defined (our production people etc use this). so 12/27/2015 to 01/02/2016 is week 1. next is week 2 etc etc. where can i see such a correlation in APO?

12/27/20151/2/20161
1/3/20161/9/20162
1/10/20161/16/20163
1/17/20161/23/20164
1/24/20161/30/20165
1/31/20162/6/20166
2/7/20162/13/20167
2/14/20162/20/20168
2/21/20162/27/20169
2/28/20163/5/201610
Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Whether 'calmonth' and 'calweek' is consistent at cube level as per calender or not.

For example: Calweek 201506 can't be in calmonth 201501.

That might help you.

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello MD EKRAM, thanks for the reply. How to check the same? which tcode should i go to? how to check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode: listcube

Mark DB aggregation.

If there are time fields in cube. Check all fields are consistent or not with calender.

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can check the data in infocube via Tcode - LISTCUBE

There you can give selection parameter and also choose the fields you want to see in the output by selecting them in "Fld Selectn for Ouput".

Regards,

Alok

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I need some help. I'm looking at listcube tcode and i do not understand what to correct there. When i ran the processchain to load data from our sales order histroy infocube to planning area. now i get the same error but for a different time period like 201605 (year calendar week) which would be somewhere around period 4 of our fiscal 2016.

Our BW guy loads the data from ECC to YSOHIST infocube (sales order histroy infocube). Even if i were to ask him to reload the data, i should be able to point the problem area. any further ideas.

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamma

Please check the source data.

Source data might contain erroneous records.

Modify or exclude the selection of data which is not within your time bucket profile and try to load data again.

Regards

Sachin

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

okay further research showed me that in the planning book i can only see the date ranges until Period 004/2016 (which i think kinda coincides with the calendar week 5 of 2016) and becuase there is a sales order out there in january of 2016 and since the planning book only lists the date range until period 004/2016 (fiscal period), i think the issue might be fixed if i extend this date range even father to so that i can see dates farther out in planning book. if my understanding is correct, what should i do to increase the date range showing up in planning book?

also the planning book definition says that the future periods where the data can be loaded is upto 15 periods in future and this calendar week issue 201605 (5th week of calendar year 2016) falls right at that juncture.

Thanks

Ravi

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamma,

Could you please check the Storage bucket profile assigned to planning area.

What is the end data of your storage bucket profile?

Regards,

Sachin

jagannadhb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

While loading from Cube to Planning area, even if the data falls outside your planning book, it will show an error message (process will still be complete) but not a warning message (process fails). Based on the details you have provided, it looks like a warning message.

As Ada has previously said, there is a mismatch between 0CALMONTH and 0FISCPER.

If your planning book buckets are based on Fiscal Periods, then in TSCUBE (loading data from cube to planning area), go to "Characteristic assignments" make sure you remove 0CALWEEK and 0CALMONTH mapping, else if your Planning book is in 0CALWEEK or 0CALMONTH buckets, remove the 0FISCPER mapping between Source and Target. Execute the process and check data.

Regards

JB

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JB, The error i'm getting is a error message and what i did additionally is i went to listcube and retrieved the data for 201605 and i see on the output that this calendar year and week is pointing to a data set with one customer and 4 materials for a specific plant only. I checked the material master of each of these materials in ECC to see if there is any problem, could not figure out anything.

I have also asked our BW resource to reload the infocube without the 4 records from above and then i will try and see if i can still load the data from infocuube to planning area, when the infocube does not have those 4 bad records (which are giving error message)

yes the planning book buckets are in fiscal periods and i checked TS cube tcode where we load data ffrom infocube to planning area and i dont see the mapping for calweek and calmonth.

our characteristics are customer, location, material, and product design. These are the only characteristics.

Thanks

Ravi

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Any further ideas? I have loaded the data for the calendar years of 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018. So its only in 2016 is where i get this error message. Any ideas on where i can look to correct the data (if the data is incorrect). So 2016 being the problem where should i look for the data issue. could it be in the infocuube and the way the data was loaded from ECCC into infocube?

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tamma,

Please compare the combination of time series between cube and planning area.

For example: every calweek is

correctly assigned to respective calmonth in both source and target.

Regards,

Sachin

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

22.2016 calweek is a split week so please check whether this week is correctly assigned to respective calmonth in both source and target.

Regards,

Sachin

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Those consistency check reports would not work... They  check liveCache data, while you have inconsistent data in your infocube!

This error message indicates that the data in the cubes is not correct. Especially if you change the fiscal year variant.
For example. Imagine you have a fiscal year period from 7.3.2014 until 6.4.2014 - lets assume it's Period 04/2014. If you additionally have weeks and month in the cube, you will have time combinations like below for this week:

0CALWEEK 10/2014
0CALMONTH 03/2014
0FISCPER 04/2014

And for next week:
0CALWEEK 10/2014
0CALMONTH 03/2014
0FISCPER 04/2014

Now, if you change the fiscal year bucket to start on 10.3.2014, the time combinations for this week in the cube is not correct anymore. It should be:
0CALWEEK 10/2014
0CALMONTH 03/2014
0FISCPER 03/2014 (because 04 starts now later)

And this is the problem.
So you need to make sure the combinations in the cubes do match even after fiscal year variant change. The error message also tells you which periods are affected, so it should be easy to find out.

Solution would be correct data in the infocube (not sure how to do it from BW side), and try to load it again.

Best Regards,
Ada

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I was kinda thinking on similar lines too, that there is something wrong with the data, but did not know how to proceed. The error message says 201622. So i'm thinking it probably is referrring to fiscaly year and calendar week maybe.

Oh by the way our fiscal year 2015 (1st period) started on october 1 st, 2014 and ended on Nov 1st. The 2nd period started on nov 2nd and currently we are in the 2nd period.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, please check your infocube data with period 201622, whether it is with correct calendar year and calendar month and calendar week.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamma,

Try with t.code /SAPAPO/OM17 & /SAPAPO/TSCONS to check/repair inconsistencies.

Thanks, Marius

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tamma Ravi,

Please perform consistency check by executing program by using SE38--->>

1.  /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK  and /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG in repair mode.

Regards,

Sachin

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. When i ran the first tcode, there were no errors, but when i ran the 2nd tcode /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG in repair mode i got an error where the message said as below

Time Buckets Profile : 984  Superfluous Objects

please advise

Thanks

Ravi

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG  determines all liveCache time series and period patterns from a selected planning version that do not have any 'liveCache anchors', independently of planning areas. These objects do not have any reference to the application data and are therefore not inconsistent as such, but simply unnecessary objects which result in increased liveCache memory consumption.

After repairing the error in your planning area, is it working fine now?

Regards,

Alok

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

thanks for your reply. i did not understand what you meant by repairing the error in planning area. I just ran those tcodes and did not know what else to do after that. Could this be a data issue

Thanks

ravi

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I meant was since you have run the report in repair mode - It would have corrected the inconsistency in the planning area.

Run the report again to check now you are not getting any error and then try to perform the initial load from Infocube to planning area to check if its going through fine now.

Regards,

Alok

exaltedsaturn
Participant
0 Kudos

nope. same problem. after i ran the repair tcodes, i tried to load the planning area from the infocube and it fails again with the same error message.