cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2 issue with freely programmed search help

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am experiencing a strange issue.

I have created a freely programmed WD search component that implements the wd_value_help interface. The search help works 100% and is used in an FPM_FORM_UIBB UIBB and it populates a field correctly.

I am now trying to use the same search help in a FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2 UIBB but I am experiencing some issues.

What basically happens is that the search help will populate the field correctly just like in the previous form but as soon as any action is performed on the screen like pressing a button, the field that the search help populated will get initialized and the IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~FLUSH method in
the feeder class will bring the field as initial.

I have verified that this is outside of my feeder class and in the FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2 component itself because I have used the same feeder class in both the FPM_FORM_UIBB configuration and in the FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2 configuration but for some reason for the FPM_FORM_UIBB_GL2 form the search help is not behaving consistently. The search help for the field is being set in theIF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~GET_DEFINITION of my feeder class.

lv_field_desc-wd_value_help = 'ZWD_VALUE_HELP_COMPX'.

Please can I get some help?

Kind regards,

Thabiso

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thabiso,

I don't know which release you are using but maybe some note is missing, and please note that the GL2 Form is only released with NW 7.31+.

Anyway, you may help yourself since the issue you described sounds to me like the interference of setting context attributes and the context changelog usage the GUIBBs are based on: If you set the selected F4 value as context attribute value you need to manually populate the WD changelog first:

Instead of:

*----- take over value

wd_comp_controller->mo_vh_listener->f4_context_element->set_attribute(

name = wd_comp_controller->mo_vh_listener->f4_attribute_info-name

value = <lv_value>  ).

You may use the following code:

*----- take over value

wd_comp_controller->mo_vh_listener->f4_context_element->get_node( )->get_node_info(

)->get_controller( )->get_context( )->add_context_attribute_change(

element = wd_comp_controller->mo_vh_listener->f4_context_element

attribute_name = wd_comp_controller->mo_vh_listener->f4_attribute_info-name

new_value = <lv_value> ).

wd_comp_controller->mo_vh_listener->f4_context_element->set_attribute(

name = wd_comp_controller->mo_vh_listener->f4_attribute_info-name

value = <lv_value> ).

(See also WD component FPM_TEST_VH, view V_VH.) There is some chance that this will already solve your problem.

Best regards

Jens

maltesh0188
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have posted an question in scn.

Can you please tell me how can I fix this...!? I am using form repeater and I have an input field in the form repeater added in uibb configuration. I want to change the lenth/type(optional) but I want search help to be dynamic.

Sorry I couldn't establish an private chat. So posting here.

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Malathesha Sodad

0 Kudos

Hi Jens this worked for me issue is resolved. I really appreciate the help!

maltesh0188
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamanga Thabiso,

Can we redirect the IF_FPM_GUIBB_F4 To an existing search help...!?

If i implement the interface I will have to do the coding to form the UI for search, query and result table. I will determine the ui element clicked and I will have the associated data element which will have the search help and i want to redirect to that.

Thanks,

Regards,

Malathesha Sodad

0 Kudos

Hi Malathesha Sodad would this be a DDIC Search help you are trying to re-use?

maltesh0188
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes

Answers (0)