cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent users from creating even F8 Pro-forma invoice until PGI complete?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise... which requirement should be used in copy control settings between delivery type LF and F8??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

akshat,

it will be interesting to know the reason for this requirement.

in VTFL, delivery type to bill type, header level use copying requirement 003 , this will ensure billing document creation only after PGI is completed.

typewriter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I've tried this.. but unfortunately this prevents user from creating more one pro-forma invoice.  I do not wish to impose a limit on users to be able to print only one pro-forma invoice.  They should be able to create as many as their little heart desires - just not until PGI is complete.

We were having issues where users were forgetting to do the PGI step in SAP for a few international customers, because they are to include F8 invoice inside the box, this will make sure that they do the PGI before the product leaves the building.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

akshat,

i suggest you ask your ABAPer to create a new routine.

in this new routine, just copy the validation related to PGI should be completed, from 003

tw

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

to add in the above suggestions, you may try with copying requirment 311 also whic is prevent to create billing document untill PGI is done, and prevent duplication of billing document too (for proforma also)

thanks,

Sandeep Singh Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Thanks for your reply.  However, I do not want to restrict the number of pro-forma invoices the user can print - is there a routine in standard SAP for it or would we have to copy 009 and add code to check for GI status?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In VTFL for item category, maintain routine 034 for "Copying requirements"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but when I use this requirement at item level, I get error "item not relevant for billing".  I only get this message when using 034 and not when it is blank.  Why could this be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can modify the copying requirement routine at header level between LF and F8.  SAP standard routine is "009-DlvRel.pro forma hdr".  You can copy this to user defined 9xx and put a code to check the PGI status of the delivery.

Hope this helps.

Text  Removed  if helpful.

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Don't add this text in each and every post