Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Single Quant for Multiple Storage Unit numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Storage Unit Magmt active.

Batch Management is also active

We maintain palletization data in Matl master e.g. 25 Kg and Bin capacity is say 200 Kg

When we receive 200 Kg, System Creates 8 Storage Unit Nos and 8 Quants

My Question is How we can get one Quant No. for all 8 Storage Unit Number.

Because, during Stock removal we want to remove full Qty of Bin ( On a Pallet above 8 SUT are kept) , hence we made following setting in Removal strategy

But Full Stk Remvl reqm Act means:

And hence if we want to withdraw 20 Kg then system will propose only one Quant Qty i.e. 25 Kg instead of Full Pallet Qty of 200 Kg.

I think if we had only One Quant number with 200 Kg and 8 SUN of 25 Kg then system will propose to withdraw full pallet Qty. of 200 Kg

Please let me know what settings reqd for above.

Thanks,

JK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any basic reason to define 25 KG per SUT in the WM2 view.

As i can see that you are able to store 200 KG per pallet (and your removal requirement is also for the full pallet) then let system create only one SU. i believe in this case you need to correct your master data rather then looking for alternate for QUANT (in standard SAP there is no solution to assign the same Quant number to 8 different Storage Unit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

We would like to track Material based on Storage Unit Number. i.e. Each Drum of 25 Kg  = 1 SUN, hence we will know how much is the Qty in that SUN.

Our client want that during picking, system should pick from that Drum ( SUN) where the Qty is less ( Partially filled) , hence this arrangement. But I found that system creating same number of Quants = SUN.

Now I am facing issue that , client also want, during picking , system should Pick full Pallet Qty ( i.e. 200 Kg) and issue only reqd Qty to Production say 20 Kg . And place back 180 Kg ( same pallet) back to the Bin.

How to achieve this?

As during picking I believe, system proposes Full Quant and not Bin and my 1 Quant Qty is not equal to 1 Bin Qty. But As per above example 1 Bin Qty it is equal to 8 Quant Qty. Hence system will never pick full Bin Qty ( Full pallet Qty)

Please suggest,

Thanks,

JK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the storage unit can be translated with pallet, hence it cannot be used as separator for smaller portions. If you desperately need this, then you should use batch management and create per drum a new batch at the receipt.

But I do not even see a real need for that.

If you have 8 drums on a pallet and one of these drums is partially filled, then just make this visible at the drum itself e.g. by writing the remaining weight(Should anyway be done for the reason of physical inventory) .

With the right removal strategy the same pallet is proposed for the next goods issue  (except this pallet is not yet back in its bin after the last picking) . So it would not be an issue to identify this partially filled drum and consume the next portion from it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply, I can think of unique batch number for each drum. But we Purchase the Matl. in KG Therefore PO Qty can be like 2000 Kg , 3000 Kg etc. And then supplier can dispatch the Matl. in Various Packing of 25 Kg, 240 Kg, 220 Kg etc. Therefore during GR if I am receiving 400 Kg ( 16 Drums of 25 Kg) , then in one MIGO line, system generates only one Batch Number. How to make it generate 8 Batch Numbers? Please let me know Config for the same.

Moreover in above case , then we would like to maintain palletization data = 400 Kg i.e. Bin Capacity of 25 Kg size Drums. ( and not 25 Kg which we earlier decided because to have unique  Storage Unit Number per Drum). In fact we may not activate SUM in this case. But only SUT check Active

Therefore again question arises from where system will know during GR How many drums of which Pack size arrived? ( By maintaining the pack size in any Z table?)

JK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in MIGO is a icon for distribute quantity, white arrows in 4 directions, some call it snow flake. This can be used to split one line in MIGO into several lines with different batches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I distributed the Qty in MIGO screen, But I noticed 2 limitations:

1. We can distribute by max 15 times , Since I can receive Drums with more than 16 Nos . I can not use this.

2. It will create Quality Inspections lot = No. of Drums ( as there is unique Batch number per drum) : Therefore if there are 15 Drums , there will be 15 Inspection Lots - I think client will not accept this solution .

Thanks for your help,

JK

Answers (0)