cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM-PP Interface question? Do Activation or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

My client is going to implement SAP WM. He performs movemnt type 261 from t-code COR6N from storage locations that are going to be affected by WM implementation. So I m in doubt about if I have to activate the WM-PP interface in customizing or if it is not mandatory to cover this ?

What do you think??

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general it is not really logical to post goods issue for a component prior to get it from warehouse to production.

You would need to manual request process, e.g. have the production people creating a TR manually with LB01. You convert that to a TO, and move the material from the warehouse bins to the interim storage bin at 914 storage type. Production issues it from 914 when doing the COR6N posting.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

if you are planning to assign a warehouse number the the said plant+ storage location combination and the component is warehouse managed then yes you need to activate the WM-PP interface for the consumption to take place. You need to create the control cycle and define the storage bin based on the production supply area setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you think that I need to modify the material master data to use the WM-PP interface? I mean if i will need to change master data at material level to use it? Don t be possible to process the TR generated as a result of the 261 instead of activate the WM-PP interface?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Standard SAP flow for consumption is  (For component which are WM managed)

1) Create Production order

2) Release production order, Perform material staging

3) System creates Transport Request (TR)

4) Create Transfer order against the TR

5) Transfer the stock to the PSA / Control cycle bin by confirming the transfer order

6) During consumption system will consume the stock from the control cycle bin, if stock is not there  the it will create negative quant in storage type 914(as per movement type 261 setting)

7) if negative Quant exist then you have to manully transfer the stock using SAP T-Code LT01 to the bin

Now i don't think by just changing the material master (Not sure which field are you talking in Material master) you will be able to achieve the required result

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is that my client does not follow those PP steps, instead he uses t-code COR6N to generate mov. type 261 and 101 with reference to PP order. My problem is now he wants to use WM to storage locations that are afected to this procedure...so I really don t know if is it convenient or not at all to activate the WM-PP interface. Because I am not sure if it is possible to create the TO after material document with mov type 261 created as a result of t-code COR6N...in this case I will not need to activate the WM-PP interface bcs He will process in intermediate storage type 914 not in storage type 100 as wm-pp interface requiered....and I will not need to configurate PSA neither other master data for control cylce....wht do you think?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not considered as a SAP best practice. if you are planning to go ahead with that approach then you can have multiple negative Quant sitting in Storage type 914 and reconciliation will be very tough in future.

In my opinion you need to explain the standard SAP flow to them along with the pros and cons(Standard SAP vs the Client approach) and get an agreement to use the WM-PP interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Manish....but my question is far away....My main doubt is this:

Is there any diference if my client would do 261 throuhg MIGO instead of COR6N transactionp? I mean if he would do with MIGO only in this case will be NOT necesary to implement the WM-PP interface???

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basic principle remain same either you use MIGO or COR6N , in both the case you will get negative Quant in Storage type 914(if you material is WM managed) and then you have to create manual transfer order using LT01 to adjust that

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes...but wht if I do following that procedure? I mean after compleating movement type 261 in COR6N wht if I create the TO base on the TR generated in the material document? I mean without activating the PP-WM interface?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never simulated this in past. Please simulate and see whether system is creating TR without activating the WM-PP interface ???

Theoretically i don't think you will get any TR as if you are not activating WM-PP then for TR creation system won't get movement type which is a basic requirement to create TR